(Season 2) Chapter 12 God's Apostle

Start from the beginning

Aiko(mind): This isn't the time to be thinking about that!

Aiko mentally berated herself and clung tighter to Sora.

Sora: Don't worry about it. I expected to run into trouble when I came here.

Aiko: Y-You didn't... have to go so far for me...

Of course, Sora had known he would need to fight the Holy Church eventually if he wanted to obtain all of the ancient magic, so it wasn't entirely for Aiko's sake. However, it seemed Aiko had misunderstood Sora's intentions. It probably didn't help that Sora was practically hugging her as he fought.

Sora(mind): I'm probably gonna have to resolve this misunderstanding soon.

Noint: It seems you still have the energy to chat, Irregular.

Sora: Whoa!?

Sora was startled to hear Noint's mechanical voice right next to him. He instantly lifted his left arm and fired another light orb blast. Using the recoil, he gained himself some distance as well. Noint raised one of her swords to block while she swept the other in a wide arc.

Her glimmering silver swords were two meters long and thirty centimeters wide. Not only did they look intimidating, they had a very sinister ability as well. Anything wrapped in Noint's mana was granted the effects of her special magic, Disintegrate. A single touch by them would inflict a fatal wound. However, Sora couldn't move too fast or he'd injure Aiko, so he was forced to use Murasame to redirect the blade while he fell backward.

Noint's sword passed inches above Sora's face, cutting off the tips of his bangs. The only reason Murasame wasn't disintegrated was because Sora had hardened the azantium coating with Steel Skin. Even that wasn't enough to let his weapons stay in contact with Noint's swords for more than a few seconds, though.

Noint let the force of her slash swing her around, her glimmering silver hair fanning out around her like a halo. As she completed her turn, she swung down with her second sword, the one she had used to block earlier. The speed of her second swing was so fast that Aiko couldn't even follow it with her eyes. She just saw a silver flash.

Sora dodged to the side, using the recoil from Murasame's shockwave. Once he was clear, he took aim with his light orb and fired three times. Three streaks of blue light headed straight for her. One went for her head, another her heart, and the last her stomach. However, Noint's reaction time was inhuman. The moment Sora fired, she held her sword up vertically, blocking all three bullets.

Sora: ?!

Suddenly, Sora saw Hajime's Cross Bits for a follow- up attack

Suddenly, Sora saw Hajime's Cross Bits for a follow- up attack. They fired powerful explosive slugs that created huge red shockwaves on detonation. Noint dissipated the shockwaves with a beat of her wings, but that gave Sora more time to flee. And landed next to Hajime

Aiko: Awawawawa. I can't even tell what's...

Sora: Sensei, could you stop making those cute noises in the middle of a duel? It's kinda killing the mood.