16 | happy birthday, timmy.

Start from the beginning

In addition to the note, a cup of Joe's coffee and a bagel were placed next to each other.

Timothée smiled at the sight. He bit into the bagel wondering what she was planning.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

June was running from place to place to grab everything she needed in time.

"Is it ready?" June asked as she entered the empty bakery.

The owner, Oscar, looked up from what he was doing. "It's gonna be about— 15 minutes." He estimated.

Oscar was a 65-year-old man. His hair was gray and his skin was wrinkly. June showed up to his bakery quite frequently for a muffin.

June leaned on the counter in front of her. "You said that almost an hour ago." The smallest hint of urgency grew in her voice.

Oscar put his rag back down and rested his hands on the glass counter. "I can make you a beautiful delicious cake or I can make you a shitty cake." He shrugged. "It's up to you."

June pursed her lips and took a step back. "Take your time." She said with a nod before leaving the bakery. 

For Timothée's birthday, June had something very special planned. The path June and Timothée walked on quite frequently had a large lake off to the side. Surrounding the lake were trees almost everywhere.

Thankfully, the weather wasn't too cold and it wasn't supposed to snow till tomorrow. So they wouldn't be freezing their asses off, but it would still be a bit chilly.

June chose the perfect spot to set up the picnic blanket. It was a few feet from the water and was surrounded by trees. One large tree was right behind the picnic blanket. Directly across from the blanket, they would able to see the movie playing.

Even though the movie was playing on the other side of the lake, they had a good view.

Almost 45 minutes later, June had set everything up. She picked up the tiny cake from Oscar's bakery, as well as two cups of Joe's coffee. Junes typical order was an iced americano with two extra shots of espresso. Timothée was too embarrassed to admit that two extra shots of espresso were too strong, so June ordered his without the extra shots just to see if he'd notice. In addition to the cake and the coffee, June had scattered around Timothée's favorite fruits. Including strawberries, grapes, peaches, and many more. There were also two small take-out boxes from Timothée's and Junes favorite Thai food place.

At 3:27, June received a text from Timothée.

iMessage

jimmy timmy
Where are u??

Loony Junie
close your eyes

Jimmy Timmy
you want me to close my eyes
in the middle of the sidewalk?

Loony Junie
Please and thank you

Jimmy Timmy
that's so embarrassing
I'll look like a clown

Loonie Junie
you are a clown

Jimmy Timmy
fine I'll do it
You're lucky you're cute

Timothée stood awkwardly on the sidewalk, his eyes shut. He had his hands behind his back and he rocked back and forth on the heels of his feet.