Visenya's servant escaped that room, with the crying infant. She ran as fast as she could through the secret passages, and out the Castle. She stole a boat, and paid a sailor to take her to Dragonstone. Though, the storm that night was too strong, and the sailor decided that sailing to Dragonstone was too hard. He sailed for Dorne instead. Away from the Storm, and away from the War.

Visenya was not the only one born that night, during the Storm. Two others, a girl and a boy were born on different sides of the world. Daenerys Stormborn, the Mad King's Daughter. And a boy of questionable origin, Ned Stark's bastard. Jon Snow.

Oberyn embraced his niece with warmth he did not show his other nieces and nephews. He raised Visenya like she was his own. There was not a moment when Visenya doubted his love and devotion to her.

There were moments, however, when she doubted that Sunspear was truly her home. While Prince Doran treated her as more of a guest in his home, than a family member and niece. Prince Quentyn Martell treated her as something below him. As if she were his servant, just unofficially. He would ask her to pour him wine if they were in the same company, even if the servants were right beside him. He would make snide remarks about her lack of knowledge in some subjects, hinting that she knew even less than the servants did. It was a saving grace that his elder sister, Princess Arianne was kinder though not without pay. 

Arianne was beautiful, she was smart, she was kind, she was gentle, and motherly. She was everything Visenya wished she was herself. Arianne was meant to marry King's and Prince's and mother Prince's and Princess's and Queen's. She was meant to wear a crown of gold on her beautiful dark locks, and she was meant to be whispered about.

Visenya and Arianne were friends. But they were never more. Never best friends. Never sisters.

Visenya and Tyene were much closer. Though Tyene was 6 years older in age, they never let that come between them. Tyene was the bastard daughter of Oberyn Martell and a Septa from the Reach. Tyene was as innocent as they came. White was her color, it made her look pure and naive. He hair was very fair and she had beautiful blue eyes. When she smiled, she had dimples in her cheeks.

Visenya and Tyene shared many things. Wet nurses, horses, dresses, books. They were the black sheep of the family. While Oberyn's other daughters looked like him, were like him, Tyene did not look Dornish. She was outcasted by her half-siblings, and cousins. Same as Visenya was.

 Visenya and Tyene kept each other company. They were the best of friends. Nothing would ever break that.

Visenya could always trust Tyene for her honesty, and loyalty. That was, after all, what friendship was. 

Tyene was an ear tha Visenya could tell anything to. It seemed like not even a question that Visenya would tell her about the dreams.

Ever since Visenya could remember, she had had dreams. Dreams that felt as real as life. She could remember everything about them when she woke up. And some of those dreams would come true. When Visenya dreamt that a woman in  a black cloak would get on a ship and leave Sunspear, only a fortnight later Lady Mellario left for her home in Norvos. 

Now, Visenya dreamt of fire... and blood.

"I thought it had stopped", Tyene said when Visenya came to her chambers at the Hour of the Owl. When everyone was deep asleep, and even the Night Guards seemed to be half-asleep.

She saw rivers of red streaming down through pale-red stone. It was almost as if the blood dried on the stone and colored it a few centuries ago. There was much blood, everywhere. But then Visenya would hear the dragon roar in the distance. It was a monstrous roar. It would wake her every night, her heart beating fast.