CH 11 HIS SECRET KISSES...

Almost an hour later, Abhimanyu went upstairs with a smile playing on his lips.

The picture of Akshara and Inara held a thousand emotions, and he felt them all. He went straight to the master bedroom expecting to find her in bed reading her romance novels, but the room was dark and empty. It was not her usual workout time, so he tiptoed to the nursery and pushed open the door.

Beethoven played in a low volume as he stepped into the nursery.

Abhimanyu partially shut the door before turning to look into the room. Akshara was in the rocking chair, fast asleep with Inara on her shoulder. He looked at yet another beautiful sight in front of him, and his only thought was that it should be real—forever.

Abhimanyu felt a series of emotions he couldn’t sort out at that moment, but he felt the need to give her the moon if she wished for it. He would do anything for her, give her anything she wanted for what she had become to the child who would soon legally be his because of her. He slowly walked to the rocking chair and knelt beside it listening to Akshara snore softly.

He had never noticed the sweet sound in all the months they shared a bed. He placed his palm on the baby’s head and stroked her before kissing her gently. His lips were moving away from the baby, and as if he lost control over his actions, his lips landed on the back of Akshara’s hand that held the baby securely to her.

Abhimanyu flattened his palms on the armrests of the chair as he planted butterfly kisses on the back of her hand, his lips moving along the length of her arm. By the time his lips reached Akshara’s shoulder, his face was inches from hers, and he noticed she had stopped snoring, and she wasn’t even breathing.

He raised his eyes to hers in the dim light, his lips on her skin.

Akshara had her eyes partially open, but she did not move. He pulled back slightly only to move closer, his lips sliding over her soft ones. She moaned in response running her free hand upward, her fingers running through the thickness of his hair, plastering her lips to his.

Abhimanyu let out a deep groan as one hand slid over hers that held the baby to her chest and the other to cup her cheek as he deepened the kiss. He claimed her mouth as his tongue slipped past her lips to explore her sweetness.

“Abhimanyu…” she whispered, and he shuddered at the intensity of the moment.

Akshara kissed him back, and it wasn’t like the other times they had engaged their lips. This time she was returning his emotion—a nameless one. His fingers slipped past her ear to grip her thick hair to angle her face for him to deepen their kiss.

“Thank you… for everything.” His words were soft against her lips making her moan.

“Hold me.” It was a plea, and he wasn’t going to deny her wish.

Abhimanyu let his hand drop off her hand to run it lower around her waist pulling her off the chair while she held the sleeping baby to her. He slowly pulled her onto his lap as he sat back on the floor with his back pressed against the wall, their lips melded together. His hand trailed up and down her thigh as his lips worshipped hers.

“Touch me,” she ordered against his lips.

“Baby…” he crooned and felt the trembling of her body.