Chapter 2

Knock knock
I was knocking on my moms door to let her know I'm coming in. I walked in to see her still deciding on what to wear.
"Wear the blue strapless dress, mom. You look amazing in that dress. Oh and make sure you wear the blue high heels and let me do your makeup." I said smiling remembering the last time we went out to a family dinner and she wore that same outfit. But that was when Dad was still alive.
"Ok Jodie." She said smiling remembering that same memory.
You see, my dad was murdered right in front of my eyes while mom was still at work. I never cried as much as I did that day. Oh how much I just wanted to kill that guy and to think it only happened last year. I swore from that day on that I would kill that guy for what he did to my family but for what he did to me. No one knew what he did and I would like to keep it that way. I haven't told mom yet.
I guess I was crying because I felt my moms arms around me trying to comfort me. She knew what was wrong and didn't say a word.
"Mom, are you ready for me to do your makeup?" I said wiping my tears off. Great now I have to redo my makeup. But it's ok.
"Yes sweetheart." She said with a smile on her face.
It took me 20 minutes to get her makeup done. It took me 5 minutes to redo my makeup.
We walked downstairs together arm in arm.
When we got downstairs, I saw another boy standing beside Ryan. Hmmm. He looked like he was my age. The boys turned to us with a shocked face.