Chapter 1

Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When life gives you lemons what do you do? You make a shitload of lemonade.

Whoever came up with that saying deserves an Oscars award broken in half.

Sure, I've had many sour lemons in my life, but I definitely was not going to go around turning them into this so called 'lemonade.'

It is sort of like that same stupid saying 'opposites attract,' I feel like whoever first said that was just a major homophobe, or at least part of some satanic cult. How is it possible that major difference can bring two people together. Imagine olive oil and vinegar, it's like that. The two are always together, but never really mix.

It's false hope.

False hope, that by covering up something so sour, and unfortunate you can somehow save it by making it sweeter.

In the end, we all want that same thing. We all want that four letter word, that can magically uplift our life into something from a movie. We all want a happy ending, and some spend their whole life looking for it. They spend their whole life looking for love.

Not me, I have love. Not exactly the significant other type of love, mine goes deeper than that.

I have sour patch kids, the best dad, wifi, and tea. Pathetic? Yes. But those are my loves. Ninety nine percent of the people in this world overlook whom or what they love when it is right in front of them, in the hopes that if they ignore it, a Romeo and Juliet type of story will happen.

Me? I don't believe anyone can save us. Which is probably why I have spent seventeen years of my life just not caring about the L-O-V-E word.

I've gone on dates, they weren't the best dates, unless you include a free meal to Chik-Fil-A one. It's just, the guys turn out to be boring and stupid, smashing my face into a cake would be more interesting.. Then comes commitment, oh god. Don't even get me started on that C word. You want less, they want more, then bam. They're gone, and it suddenly ends messy.

Quite frankly, I don't like messy. So, from then on, I've found it easier to steer clear from any heart related emotions, and so far, so good. Being single isn't terrible, it just hurts like hell, but I guess, you learn to deal with it over time.

And for the record, Romeo and Juliet died.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're fired," I blinked at my boss blankly. He seemed more nervous than I was. For firing someone he sucked at it. His face was beet red, sweat was dripping down the sides of his gray hair. And so I did the only thing I could do.

I laughed.

I laughed so hard, I was bent over clutching my stomach, tears were starting to form around my eyes.

"I'm sorry is there something wrong?" My boss gave me a confused look, narrowing his small eyes, which barley looked like eyes; his large face engulfed them.

And that was the point, there was nothing wrong. I was happy, beyond ecstatic that finally, my good-for-nothing boss had finally decided to let me go. I had gone to extremes to try and get fired, being late purposely pissing off customers, everything. And finally, he had saved me my time and breath, and let me go.

This wasn't the worst job in the world, except for the six- hour shifts. But, working at this restaurant got boring, and I felt more like a servant rather than an employee. I mean, flinging around glasses of water to grouchy people was just not my cup of tea.