Suddenly, she felt the cold wind and hot sun. Opening her eyes, she smiled.

Made it right on time!

The second the whistle blew, her friend and the other forward, Kaiou's Matatagi, began to move up the field. Matatagi tried to pass the ball to their captain, but it was their opponent's captain that took it instead.

He then proceeded to go through Yuujou's Kusaka, Manyuuji's Morimura, and Tengawara's Minaho. They also had the foresight to block Shindou as he made a pass to a fellow striker.

That striker jumped and spun in the air before kicking the ball into the ground. "Gold Fever!" When it came out again, it was surrounded by gold chips as it headed straight for the goal.

"Wild Dun―"

Gassan Kunimitsu's Ibuki failed to stop their shot.

"Well, that's a start if I've ever seen one." She muttered to herself. Their moves have gotten better, but...

Looking down at them again, they all seemed tense. Especially their goalkeeper. Being right above them, she could hear Oumihara's Nozaki trying to cheer him up, but he wasn't listening at all. Instead, he hit the goalpost out of frustration.

"It's still one point!" Tenma said. "We'll take it back!"

"Yeah!"

The next kickoff was theirs once again. This time, their passes did connect. From the forwards back to the midfielders. It got to the pink haired girl who managed to get through the enemy, but when she got too far into their defense, Storm Wolf used Rolling Cutter to take the ball. Eito's Manabe used Defense Houteishiki to take it right back. With neither side giving in, it was turning into a fun match. However...

What is this feeling? Something is wrong... She heard Tenma's thoughts.

Whoa. If Tenma thinks so...

And he was right to. Matatagi ignored his call to pass and lost the ball to another Rolling Cutter. Not too long after, they made their second goal with another Gold Fever.

"It's still the early stages of the game! We'll take back a point first!" The captain kept encouraging.

But it wasn't going to be that simple. Mannouzaka's Tetsukado was looking back at their goalkeeper, thinking, I'm sorry to be saying this about Ibuki, but I can't leave the goal to him any longer. I'll stop Storm Wolf's attack.

The two she knew to be the brains of the team, Manabe and Minaho, were also planning to work on their own. The midfielders were all thinking of changing the flow by themselves, and so on.

In their third kick-off, Matatagi was called out to by two of his teammates, confusing him and letting the opponent steal from him easily. They got through Tetsukado while Manabe and Minaho accidentally made a perfect opening for them. Luckily, Shindou was able to cover for them.

But even though they were able to stop them here and there, they were unable to take the ball back.

They've gotten better individually, but...

~~~~~

The offense and defense were a mess. At one point there were too many of them moving up, and moments later, there were not enough. Sakura was for some reason in front of the goal, but the enemy got through with Silk Road. Kusaka was the one that cleared the ball instead, and Ibuki was only getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

He heard Tenma gasping. Looks like he just realized it too.

"It's ironic. Their rash way of gaining more power is having the opposite effect." He turned to the captain. "What do we do, Tenma? At this rate, not only will we fall behind, we won't even be able to steal the ball."