CHAPTER #005. KARMA'S TIME!

Start from the beginning

Beside him, Akabane stood from his chair, "I'll use these sorts of tricks however many times it takes. I don't care about interfering with class." Akabane declared. "If you don't like it, then you should kill me as well as my parents."

Hajime rubbed the corner of his eye as he tried to comprehend the situation. Disturbing class was a concern, but the student felt murdering his seatmate and his parents was going a bit overboard as a solution. No sane teacher would consider that an option. Then again, Hajime mused to himself, no sane teacher was also an octopus lifeform that exploded the moon and threatened to do the same to the earth.

"But from that moment, no one will view you as a teacher anymore. You'll just be a murderous monster." Akabane tilted the gelato and smeared it against Korosensei's academic robe. "I will have killed your existence as a sensei." The red head taunted. It was a heavy, yet truthful, declaration.

Akabane intended to use their relationship as teacher and student to corner the octopus. It was a smart move, utilizing the target's reputation and position as a teacher. Korosensei wouldn't be able to retaliate no matter what underhanded tricks Akabane used against him. The art of revealing the true nature and ugly emotions that people normally wished to hide needed skill and a whole lot of drive since it guaranteed conflict. People were bound to show their selfishness when cornered and threatened with the loss of something important to them be it their life, reputation, wealth, or so forth. Given that Akabane was known for being manipulative and cunning, Hajime had some faith in his classmate's methods. However, there were two problems that Hajime noticed from the start.

Akabane wasn't dealing with a normal teacher and he'd already revealed his intentions to the target.

     "That will be ¥648." The cashier said in a monotone voice. The student placed a couple yen sheets on the counter and pushed it forward as a plastic bag was handed to him. It was a couple hours after school had ended, although Hajime was certain that most students from the main building went straight to their prep school rather than head home. Thus was the life of an academically pressured student. He would have done the same if not for the brain-numbing headache he was experiencing.

Shortly after the last period, Hajime had taken ill on the way down the mountain and decided to loiter at the school library before he went home. It was mainly to take advantage of the air conditioning there, but he also used the time to nap amongst the books. Hajime found that Advanced Mathematics III made for a comfortable mock pillow. The student only got an hour of peace before the librarian caught him huddled on an isolated table and made her disdain known to him with a stern glare. Thus, Hajime showed himself out and went to the nearest convenience store.

The droopy-eyed student pushed the door open, wincing at the sound of the bell that rang as he left the store. The air was humid as he stood out front, Hajime scowling as his sweater clung uncomfortably at his skin. To make matters worse, a silver haired figure shot out from the side and collided with him.

"Hajime-kun!" Atsushi cooed out in greeting, long arms wrapping around his neck. "Hifumi-chan said she wanted to hang out soon. What do you say? Let's eat out on Friday?" The silver haired male leaned his cheek on the tall male's shoulder in persuasion.

Hajime shut his eyes in part-agony, part-frustration. "Sure. If I haven't killed you by then." The brown haired male threatened. He reached up and pried at the arms around his neck, tugging them away with his nails slightly digging into the sleeve of his sweater. Atsushi grinned at his response, either not noticing the threat or ignoring it completely, as he backed off the brown haired male.