"Chick, you're learning bad things from that guy. Don't take everything he teaches you as right."

"So, Cale's pair is the Lord?"

Kim Rok Soo looked at Alver but didn't say anything about him being Lee Soo Hyuk's partner.

Lee Soo Hyuk remained as angelic as he had always been.

"so you are."

Alver Crossman pointed at himself. Well, Lee Soo Hyuk lightly kicked Choi Jung Soo's foot and smiled kindly.

The artifact on Alver's neck cuts off their connection. Well, Lee Soo Hyuk can take his time and pats Choi Jung Soo's head while pointing at the Betachef's coming.

"Look at Vicross. He's cute and cool at the same time."

Ron huffed and smiled at the lord.

"You are alpha right, Ron-shi."

"Yes... that must mean, your wife is a beta."

"Yes."

Lee Soo Hyuk finds this good. Actually, Vicross doesn't look like a beta. He looked manly, so he first thought he was an alpha, but the scent coming from him was an omega. It's very distinct from the food he's preparing.

Choi Jung Soo cut the great Lee Soo Hyuk down while trying to partner him up for the sake of surviving the dog shit.

"I'm going soul searching!" which was so unlike him.

Kim Rok Soo laughed and placed the pillow by the side. He was feeding Cale while listening to Choi Jung Soo's hopeless endeavor.

Ron interjected, "A knight from the Whipper Kingdom will be arriving soon."

"Aren't they too late?."

"It seems that there was a huge problem in Whipper." Ron continued, "There's the missive from the Whale tribe too."

"Ah, the great whale's descendant will be coming."

"After we made that pact with the water beings, this is the first time they sent someone."

"It seems there's a problem with the sea." Choi Jung Soo replied.

"possible."

Alver was watching them calmly assessing things. One word or another makes sense.

"I guess Mugoro is playing a huge role from the back."

Alver asked, "Why Mugoro?"

Lee Soo Hyuk looked at him and said, "It's the only suspicious empire right now."

The fact that Prince Adin was able to use dead mana was suspicious enough.

"That man must have woken up now."

Kim Rok Soo called out, "You want to be king, right?"

Lee Soo Hyuk frowns.

"Yes," Alver replied.

"Want to make a deal with me?" Kim Rok Soo covered Cale's eyes and looked straight at the prince while mouthing something.

"Hyung?"

Kim Rok Soo took his hand off of Cale's eyes and thought about what he should do while waiting for a reply.

"I'll do it... in exchange help me."

Kim Rok Soo just landed himself another deal. Lee Soo Hyuk just shrugged and drank some tea.

They left the room after that moment's break and after discussing the next subjugation mission and flame ritual.

"You're going to do the ritual. Is that alright?" Kim Rok Soo asked Cale.

"I am not from here. Is it alright?"

"Why not?" Kim Rok Soo patted his head while pinching the red hair. "Only fated ones can do the ritual."

Cale looked at him and smiled, "Then, I'll do it."

"You'll have to learn to dance."

"I'm a good dancer."

Kim Rok Soo chuckled while petting the red strands of hair.

"You're playing with my hair."

"They're beautiful."

"They do?"

"Yes... you look on fire... I bet it'll look good with long hair."

Cale smiled and reached out to Kim Rok Soo's hand.

"Hyung-nim."

"Hm?"

"You're prettier than me, Hyung-nim."

The way Cale caressed the scarred hand, Kim Rok Soo felt his heart stammer a bit.

Kim Rok Soo couldn't help but touch Cale's chin, forcing him to look at him.

The candles lit up the dark room, black golden eyes glimmering as they stared at the reddish brown.

"you're far more beautiful." Kim Rok Soo whispered.

Possessed, he dips his head close to Cale's face. Their breaths mingled as they closes the gap.

The sweet, undeveloped scent filled his nose. His heart was beating loudly, to the point that it was the only thing that he could hear.

A little more.

He thought.

His eyes never left the reddish-brown. Their eyes were tucked into each other until Cale calmly closed his eyes, instinctively letting his instincts take over.

Kim Rok Soo flinched, his lips just one centimeter from Cale's lips. He calmly watched his eyelids flutter as he slowly raised his lips to Cale's forehead and kissed him.

Cale who was anticipating a kiss opened his eyes in surprise.

He felt the tender lips on his forehead. He could see the blush on Kim Rok Soo's neck and that made him smile as he cupped his hand in his palms.

He didn't move. He leaned over the warmth and closed his eyes once again.

Kim Rok Soo would never hurt him.

He would never lay his hand on him.

What he feels from the man right now — are feeling that a father was supposed to give to his son.

"Hyung-nim will be a good father," he whispered.

"You want me as your father?" Kim Rok Soo joked, but Cale shook his head.

"Once I get older, I'll marry Hyung-nim."

Kim Rok Soo chuckled and parted himself from the child.

"as I thought..." Cale grinned, with Kim Rok Soo's hand still in the child's hold, "I really like you Hyung-nim."

For the first time, Kim Rok Soo's heart which was supposed to be unmoving began to beat uncontrollably at the mercy of this child.

He felt really alive.

TBC