Chapter 17: Stuck In A Cave

Jiang Cheng, who was prepared to meet his end, opened his eyes as soon as he heard the name of the person he least wanted to hear, called out.

The searing light that flashed in front of him abruptly hit his eyes. He diverted his gaze from the discomfort he sensed while hearing the beast's piercing roar.

"A-cheng, get out of here now," a faint voice muttered in front of him, caressing his cheekbone softly.

Jiang Cheng immediately opened his eyes wider when he heard the familiar male voice. He witnessed it face to face: the devastated expressions on Wei Wuxian's face, which is utterly pale and appears to be on the verge of passing out.

While facing his broher's distressed face, not a single muscle in his body managed to react promptly. A tall man suddenly appeared in front of him and grabbed Wei Wuxian without further explanation. He carried the boy's limping body with one arm under his legs and the other on his back.

Jiang Cheng uttered, "Lan wangji?" in a startled tone. He assumed that the man would have simply abandoned them here in the chilly, dark cave without caring in the slightest. However, he is currently witnessing Lan wangji carrying Wei wuxian while wincing in pain in his right leg, which nearly gave out while supporting Wei wuxian.

"Don't just sit there, let's go!" Lan wangji screamed, reawakening Jiang cheng's senses. Jiang Cheng shook his head and didn't ask any more questions as he followed the struggling guy to a specific hiding spot.

a few moments had passed. Lan wangji gently placed Wei wuxian inside the cold, dark, and small hiding place

Jiang Cheng felt a slight thud in his chest as he saw Lan wangji give some of his spiritual force to Wei wuxian.

Wei Wuxian snarled in pain and spoke with a feeble voice, "Lan er gongzi, please save up your spiritual energy for yourself.

Wei Wuxian cried out in a croaky voice, "A-cheng-!" but he choked on his own breath as the blood from his mouth trickled across his pale, trembling lips.

At the other side, Lan wangji gritted his teeth as he angrily flicked Jiang cheng's hands away from him. "We shouldn't fight right now. Wei Ying is injured and we should focused on that.." He whispered only for Jiang cheng to hear. e knitted his brows before averting his gaze away at the furious Jiang cheng.

Lan wangji took a last glance at Jiang Cheng feeling a bit guilty since he knows that he himself is also responsible of Wei wuxian's state right now. He sighed before whispering once more. "I did everything to get him out of here, but when he saw that you were gradually accepting your fate, he quickly devised a way to get himself out of my grip".

Jiang Cheng is bound to accept the answer because there is no going back at this point. He shouldn't relay his rage and aggravation on someone who is going through the same thing as him.

He encouraged himself to gradually feel calm as he sat next to Wuxian.

"Shi-xiong...?" Jiang Cheng worringly asked, glaring at Lan wangji who's checking Wei wuxian's pulse.

Jiang Cheng asks. "How is it?"

"His QI is still there but it's fragile. I think he used too much spiritual energy earlier" Lan wangji explained, sending a few of his own spiritual energy left.

Lan wangji could not help but wince as his cramping leg persisted. He was unable to use his spirituality to ease the agony in his right leg since he lacked the spiritual power, required to assist Wei wuxian

"You shouldn't drain your spiritual energy. I'm not taking care of you asshole" Jiang Cheng explained while he slowly laid Wei wuxian on the rocky and bumpy rock.

Wei wuxian suddenly groaned and slightly arched his back in discomfort while being putted down by Jiang cheng. "Thank you Lan er gongzi and A-cheng.." He weakly spoked. 

Wei Wuxian tightened his hold on Jiang Cheng's sleeves as he became aware of the blurring and disappearance of his eyesight.

He was about to calls out to Jiang Cheng, when suddenly a hint of blur and a dim shadow came in his line of sight. 

His main aim is to clear up his vision, which is currently diminishing and progressively losing its sensations. His body had already fallen and hit the bumpy, irregular ground before he even realized it.

He suddenly felt so weak and sick from the fall that he wanted to hurl up his own intestines.

"W.....- Y...-ng!?.."

"S..i...- X....ng?!!..."

Wei wuxian was loudly called by both murmuring voices. However, he was unable to understand them due to his impaired hearing. Only the two's quiet cries, begging him to stay awake and never leave their side, could be heard. Even then, despite his best efforts, his own body betrayed him, causing him to lose consciousness.

His connection to his eyes and other senses was lost. He inhaled deeply and then closed his eyes.

As Jiang cheng tried to keep him awake, He noticed that Wei wuxian's back was stained with something red. 

"blood...." He muttered under his breath.

'Blood...on his back...

His clothes are stained with red...

anywhere...-It won't stop...'

His back is bleeding...

Fear immediately flowed through Jiang Cheng's blood...

"Don't tell me..." He felt his own heart beat faster as he remembered that Zidian's wounds had not yet fully healed.

"No..." He took a deep breath before trying to remove Wei wuxian's robe.

Lan wangji's eyes widened in disbelief at Jiang cheng's sudden action. "Jiang Wanyin?! What are you doing?!" He exclaimed violently as he tried to pull Jiang Cheng's hands away from Wei wuxian.

Jiang cheng frowned as he slapped Lan wangji's arm away from him. "Move! I know what I'm doing!" He shouted back loudly while still trying to remove Wei wuxian's outer robe.

By what?" Lan wangji asked furiously but he didn't try to object anymore.

"His back, Lan wangi! It-It's injured and it's not fully healed yet!!" Jiang Cheng shouted loudly. His hands were shaking violently as he took off Wei wuxian's last robe.

And there, their eyes widened as they stared at the horrific whip scars left by Zidian and the beast's bite marks, which are currently bleeding relentlessly.