My Thoughts On Demisexuality; Part Two

And yes, I know what an attractive person looks like. If you show me a photo of a hot celebrity, I know they're a hot celebrity. However, despite them being generally attractive, I don't have the slightest desire to do anything about that. Okay, they're hot, now what? I don't want to do anything with them, I don't have any long lasting attraction to them, but I do indeed know they are attractive.

Still confused? Don't worry, so was I.

Lets say you meet someone, they're kinda strange looking, a little weird, but as you grow closer and develop a deep emotional bond with them, and then, before you even realize it, they look hot as hell? Yeah, I've been there. And yeah, that's what demisexuals feel quite often. And that also most likely has nothing to do with their looks, as you only found romantic feelings towards them after you got to know them.

I've experienced this many times. Even with female friends. It wasn't that I was attracted to them because of their gender or features, but who they were and the emotional bond we shared.

I was attracted to the connection.

Something that also told me I was different is the amount of crushes I had in my life, and how long they lasted. I had maybe two, every twelve years. Not a lot, compared to most. And the crushes that I did have on a random friend of a friend? They didn't last very long.

Because of my lack of instinct to crush on anyone, I felt very outcasted. I knew when guys were hot, but I just acknowledged it and moved on. There was not a single feeling towards them unless I began to get to know them.

Another thing to note is being demisexual is not just not wanting to have sex with a stranger, it is not feeling romantic or sexual feelings toward another person unless you have a deep, emotional bond.

Please note this is just my take on researching and understanding demisexuality, as it is still a very new, and misunderstood term.

Thanks for reading,

-Q