(Season 2) Chapter 11 Invasion of The Capital

Start from the beginning

And yet it had been destroyed in an instant. Not only that, the second layer was nearly gone too. Each successive layer was smaller, but also more powerful. Despite that, it looked like the second layer would be destroyed in a few more seconds. The palace burst into an uproar. Hallway lamps were lit and people ran to and fro.

Celia: Did someone betray us? But if that was the case, they'd only bring a small force... Isn't that an entire army at our doorstep? What is going on?

While Liliana was muttering to herself, Tio contacted the others.

Tio: Can you hear us?

Aishia, Yue, Shea, and Kaori's telepathy stones began to glow. Tio's voice rang out through them. It seemed she'd already grasped the situation outside.

Kaori: Yeah. Thanks, Tio.

Tio(telepathy): Understood. A massive army of monsters has appeared one kilometer south of the capital. The white dragon we fought at the Grand Gruen Volcano is there too. It was that dragon's breath that demolished the barrier. However, I do not see the demon who controlled it anywhere.

Hajime(telepathy): Lucius is there too. From the looks of it, he's heading towards the colosseum of the Kingdom.

Aishia: Lucius you say?

Hajime(telepathy): Yeah. I'll be going to Sora then. I'm sure he's got some unfinished business with Lucius. I'll bring sensei.

Liliana: So we're really under attack? How did a monster army get here without anyone noticing? What were the scouts at the Reisen Gorge doing!?

Liliana screamed hysterically. Aishia and the others could more or less guess how they'd made it past unnoticed. That demon, Freid Bagwa, had cleared the Grand Gruen Volcano and therefore could use spatial magic.

Opening a portal large enough to transport an entire army was difficult, but not outside the realm of possibility. At their level of skill, Aishia and Yue could even do it.

Only teleportation would have allowed an army of this size to escape the notice of not just the scouts posted at the Reisen Gorge, but the villages and forts along the way to the capital. It was the only method that made sense.

Seeing as Freid wasn't riding his white dragon, Yue guessed he must have exhausted himself opening the gate and was currently resting. A second later, there was another sound of shattering glass. The second layer had been pierced. Liliana urged Yue and the others to keep going. They needed to meet up with Shizuku as soon as possible. However, Yue shook her head.

Yue: We'll part ways here. You go on ahead.

Liliana: B-But why?

We need to meet up with the others and set up a final line of defense as soon as possible! Yue glared out of the window and spoke clearly.

Yue: That demon hurt Big Brother. I'm going to make him regret being born.

She still held a grudge about that surprise attack. The others took an involuntary step back. Yue rarely displayed her emotions, but right now her voice was burning with rage.

Shea: Y-You're really mad, aren't you Yue...?

Aishia: Aren't you, Shea? Or did you already forget what he did?

Shea: Of course not. I'll pummel him even if he cries and begs for mercy!

Shea's expression grew serious, and the warmth went out of her voice. When it came down to it, she was just as pissed. It was rare to see Shea, who was always so cheerful, say something so violent. She, too, held quite the grudge.