After the class I waited for Samantha where she told me to, not expecting to be greeted by a cute Asian girl with an apron and a whisk in hand.

''Hi. I'm Danielle, Sam's friend and you must be Raven. Nice to meet you." She is as cheerful as a bear eating honey. Friendly much. Or is probably because of the food she's making. She looks pretty familiar. Have I ever seen her before?

"You, too.'' Saying while studying her.

And then it hit me.

"Is your older sister working in AREU?''

Her eyes looked like onions when the question sank in. "Actually yes. Madeline has been working there for three years. How did you know?''

"I've met her a while back when I was going to Afghanistan. She is a nice person, your sister.'' I said truthfully.

"Thank you, she dedicated her life helping people and I admire her so much.'' She said, almost tearing up.

"Do you know were Samantha is?" Changing the subject in the process.

"Oh, yes. She is inside. You are welcomed to taste the Sachertorte I made and other dishes my classmates prepared. Come." She took my hand, guiding me through, till we found Samantha frying freshwater Coho Salmon along with Brussels cabbage.

"Hey Raven. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner that I'm part of gastronomy club. Do you want to take part in any activity that I suggested you earlier?'' Samantha asked while looking at her food.

"Dunno yet. I'm going to wonder around until I find something.'' I answered, thinking what should I do.

"If you don't mind I'm going to help you. And after I finish this you need to taste it." My new roommate suggested.

Tasting what she made I automatically said "Good, but it needs more salt. And Danielle the Sachertore has a genuine taste but I think next time you should try using Ghirardelli chocolate with 60% cocoa, also be more generous with the marzipan. They should gave the cake more flavor. "

"Thanks for the advice. We will proceed as so." They said simultaneously.

Walking down the hallway, Samantha greeted quite a number of passersby. In front of the Dance Club there was a couple discussing about the first game in the basketball season.

"Mornin' guys. What's up?" Samantha asked.

"I was asking Bryan what is the team planning this year, you know Michael left and they are missing one player. Sorry, you're the new girl. Fancy seeing you, I'm Caroline and if you're interested in dance you can join us." Said the girl in front of me. "This lad is Bryan."

"Hello there. I'm the captain of the basketball team and I could say we would be delighted to have you. In case you like to play." said this Bryan guy, with a strong British accent.

"I do enjoy playing but I don't intend to strike for a team." I confessed.

"Okay but you two should definitely come to our game next Sunday." He said sternly.

"Sure sure. Now we need to get going." Samantha cut in.

"See ya."

Walking a few steps we stop again. "Hey, Kevin!"

The first thing I noticed was that dirty shirt he was wearing but as we get closer and double checked it I realized it was paint. With some brushes and a big sketchbook in his hands he hugged Samantha in an awkward way.

"Hi ,Sami. I've missed you so much. I was heading off to GC to see what you've made. Who is your friend?" The guy asked staring at 'Sami'. Pfft.

"I've missed you too and this is Raven, my new roommate. I've made salmon with Brussels cabbage and Danielle made a cake." She said smiling sheepishly at him. Yuck. I'm leaving this lovebirds alone.

"You can go back with your friend. I'm hanging around here until next period starts." I told them.

"Are you sure Raven? You have an hour to decide what club you want to join." She informed me.

"Later."

I could enter any of this clubs but the question is which? I stopped in front of the music room. The door was unlocked so I made my way in, breathing the citron mixed with wax smell in the air. Who the hell waxed a surfboard in here? Strange ones. I walked around inspecting the instruments. They are in good shape, I thought. I touched the Höfner violin placed in the corner of the room. I felt the vibrations it gave me. I placed the instrument accordingly and stated playing Concerto No. 4 in F minor, Op. 8, RV 297, "L'inverno" by Vivaldi. The music occupied the whole place, notes flying around like majestic ladybugs. With every second I'm touching the violin it electrifies my fingers sending signals through the body. I heard footsteps behind but I didn't stop. I kept playing, remembering the last time I performed. I was 9 and Adam suggested I should sing it for his birthday. Shizuko was there too. I finished abruptly because of the memories and turned around. Standing there with mouths open an eyes like onions 2 guys that started clapping. Uh. I didn't wish for that.

I opened my mouth and asked the only logical thing that came to my mind. "Why did you waxed a surfboard in here?''

And then a third one appeared with a freaking surfboard in his hands. Everyone except me started laughing. "That is a fine piece and you sang it quite beautifully. My name is Logan Kane and these are my mates Axel Ford and Kegan Myers. We are Velvet Gray. And... the board needed to be waxed so we decided to do it in here." One of them said smiling.

"I'm Raven." I replied not knowing what else to say.

"Do you want to join our band? Your singing is amazing and we won't miss a talent like that." Axel Ford said.

"Can you please sing again? I didn't actually hear you." Kegan Myers said this time.

I chose Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso, Op. 28 by Saint-Saëns.

 Conceived as an independent piece, it was dedicated to one of his friends, the Spanish violinist Pablo de Sarasate. In the slow introduction, the violin sings a plaintive melody whose lack of passion tells much about his elegant expressiveness followed, in the second part, by three elements - dash, virtuosity and songfullness combined in a proper manner.

I finished by packing it up nicely, being stared at again.

If this two songs can depict a life, mine is by far the best example.

"That was extraordinary." Kegan stressed on each syllable.

"What do you think about joining us, Raven?" Logan asked with his chocolate brown eyes gaping into my soul.

According to the circumstances I'm in, the best choice is a positive answer. Rising my shoulders I said "Sure."

"Great. I think the class would start soon. So can you come tomorrow to discuss the details?"

"Fine by me. 'Morrow." I said walking out.

"Bye!" They screamed insieme. I raised my hand with my back at them. What? I should be polite and salute like my mama taught me.

Once step outside the room I bumped into someone. And, of course, that someone fell.

"Sorry." I apologized reaching up to help him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

didi_blue98 ♪

AREU= The Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit

GC=Gastronomy Club

Kisses. ♥