lovely leaves - kaohagu

"kao-kun!" kaoru turned around as hagumi's orange hair softly blew in the wind, tackling her with a hug. "kao-kun, look how pretty!" hagumi crouched down, scooping a pile of leaves into her arms before twirling around, releasing them into the fall breeze. kaoru's ruby eyes followed hagumi's arms rather than the leaves, carefully observing her oddly comforting mannerisms.

"hah!", hagumi yelped, allowing herself to fall into a pile of the leaves, laughing. "h-hagumi!" kaoru laughed lightly, bending down and, as if in one of her performances, gracefully lifted a hand for hagumi to take. but the truth was, in this moment, kaoru was surrendering herself to hagumi. she allowed herself to sink in the comfort, as it was so selflessly being offered to her.

hagumi grinned, grabbing kaoru's hand and pulling her into the leaves as well. kaoru gasped, hands landing on each side of hagumi's head to stop her fall. "m-my sincerest apologies, my dear hagumi.." kaoru stuttered, slowly getting lost in hagumis maple syrup eyes, drowning in the nostalgic feeling of her. this is what love is, is it not? kaoru flopped to the side, hagumi giggling as leaves flew around them. the two interlocked hands, smiling widely before slowly fluttering their eyes shut, kaoru's hand guiding hagumis head to her chest, the two enjoying each others company in the comfort of relaxation and vulnerability. a little nap on the grass wouldn't hurt that bad, would it?