Prologue

A/n: Hey guys! I'm back once again. I apologize for taking forever to post something about my new story. I know it's not a chapter, but this is a background story of Marcy and Anne. That way, none of y'all are confused on what is going on in future chapters. I hope you guys enjoy this one. I know I will *wink wink*

Many decades ago, there was a famous and well-known heroine who existed in a world called Amphibia. She lives in a small town called Wartwood, but usually stays in a kingdom called Newtopia. There, she is pursuing her dream to become the highest-ranking knight known as a God Knight. It's very difficult to earn a rank such as a God Knight because of how dangerous the missions are that the King of Newtopia offers to his soldiers. Many of them are never successful.

 Many of them are never successful

Anne Savisa Boonchuy

When Anne was three years old, her parents died from starvation after losing their home from a village attack. They constantly made sure that their daughter, Anne, was well fed and hydrated. That's when it led to Anne roaming off alone in the middle of the woods, tearing up. A creature was lurking and stalking the young girl to take her down until somebody found her before Anne was eaten alive.

At that moment, she met a man by the name of Hopediah Plantar. Hopediah did interrogate the girl to know the reason why she was alone. Anne explained to the older Plantar that her parents died, and she was all alone. The old man decided to take her in as his own grandchild.

Hopediah lives on a farm that he owns with his son. His son is already married and has a one year old child named Sprig. Four years later, the married couple had a daughter named Polly. Sadly, an incident occurred when Sprig and Polly's parents were killed by a group of killer herons. People borrow these giant birds to keep as guards to kill any intruders who they deem are threats.

Anne grew to like the parents of the youngsters. She spent four years getting to know them, and now, they vanished. She didn't understand how to feel at the time because they weren't her parents. All Anne needed to know is to help take care of Sprig and Polly. Hopediah has his hands full when working on his garden, selling vegetables, and watching over his grandkids.

As time flew by, Anne grew more comfortable with the Plantars. She even thinks of them as her own, real family. Sprig and Polly are her siblings, and Hopediah is her grandfather. Boonchuy never thought of them as her adoptive family and neither did the Plantars.

Anne has been growing a lot over the course of years. She began learning about magic powers that some individuals have around the world. Her powers awoke at age seven. Since then, she's been doing her best to use it for the greater good.

When Anne fully pledged to be a regular knight, she made her armor in order to represent a single word that describes her. Heart. Meaning she's a considerate, protective, and selfless human being. Boonchuy owns a blue-blade sword that she can use to transfer her own magic from her body to the sword and unleash it on her opponents. Even without the sword, Anne manages to beat her enemies with her magic and fists.

At age twenty-three, she was ready to pursue her goal to become a God Knight when the king requested a mission to be done. The quest was to kill an evil woman with a deadly curse. Little did she know, her heart was too big to slaughter someone that may or may not deserve.

 Little did she know, her heart was too big to slaughter someone that may or may not deserve

Marcy Regina Wu

Marcy never thought that her life would be ruined. Almost everyone has heard about a person becoming cursed out of nowhere. It dated back more than a thousand years when an evil, powerful person created a curse and gave it to one of its enemies. That curse would be passed onto the next person from somewhere around the world and would stick with that person until they pass away.

The curse is known as Death. There's a reason as to why it's named that. Whoever has this curse immediately turns into someone dangerous. The cursed person is not able to touch anything alive or else it dies such as plants, animals, and human beings. There's no cure found to make the curse vanish for good.

Marcy Wu lived a decent childhood until she turned seven years old. It went worse for her. One day, she discovered that something was wrong. Marcy decided to grab a bundle of dandelions to give to her mother when they suddenly died. She thought that maybe her eyes were deceiving her, so she didn't think much about it. Until, Wu went to grab her mother's hand.

Out of horror, Marcy's father saw that his wife had passed away in front of him without any time to say anything. He heard about the curse before and never thought that any one of his family members would gain it. Right away, he yelled and cursed at his daughter to get away from the house and to never come back.

Marcy was frightened and upset because she didn't understand what was happening. Instead, she slowly walked forward to her dad and had some idea as to what had happened. Her father shouted again and told Marcy to get away from him and his wife. That's when her instinct kicked in and she took off without saying a word to her father. Tears spilled from her face as she ran off in the dark.

Ever since Marcy ran away, nobody looked for her after her father had told as many people as he could that his own daughter was cursed. Word got around, and people avoided finding or even being twenty feet from Marcy. They were terrified that she might try to kill anyone who comes near her because of a fake story that her dad made up.

He mentioned that Marcy killed her mom on purpose and knew that she had the curse. People believed him, and were happy that he survived her attacks. After the incident, the black haired girl did her hardest to survive. She was miserable because she could no longer touch anything alive. Marcy later learned what the curse was by eavesdropping on two strangers.

It affected her significantly to the point where she didn't want to live. Later, Marcy was determined to figure out a way to lift the curse, but nobody wanted to help the helpless girl. Soon, she'll find some hope. Unexpected hope.