"Hmmm" he says tapping his finger on his chin.

I paid him no mind as I continue eating. Soon after he is eating as well and the only sound among us the cutlery.

Mi nuh too in a him because I know he has some connection with Anderson meeting that dry foot girl.

Nuh want him smile up in a mi face and a come bring gyal to mi man. 

I was reading my book at a slower pace so I could actually retain the information. Julian being here was not good for my peace and I was waiting for him to actually say what he wanted to say.

"Is everything alright between you and Anderson?" He finally asks after he had cleared his plate.

I took a moment to assess him. I wanted to figure out his motive. Why him interested in a that?

"We are great. Why?" I ask

He took a moment to assess me and I tried to be as stoic as possible.

"Good. Keep it that way." He says and I sensed a threat in his tone.

Wait!

Am I overthinking here?

"Keep it that way? What's that suppose to mean?" I asked with a slight attitude.

I'm not sure what the fuck is going on but Anderson need to come collect his friend.

"It means I don't play about my investments. I wouldn't want anything to cause them to fail before they get an opportunity to be profitable." He tells me and I laugh.

"And how does me and Dan's relationship affect your investment now Julian?" I asked him because this is real strange to me

He smirked a little before he wiped at his lips.

"Have a good day Shan." He says before getting up and tossing some bills on the table.

I sat back feeling queasy.

What the fuck has Anderson gotten us into?

————————-
I got home two hours ago and I couldn't seem to calm down.

That felt like Julian was threatening me.

That was a threat right?

A wah kinda crosses this?

I paced the living room floor until Dan walked through the door. Me nuh care how mi vex, him so called friend just threatened me.

He was about to walk upstairs but I stopped him.

"Dan come here." I ordered

Mi nuh in a the long wait if he goes up that stairs.

Standing at the foot of the stairs, with one foot planted in the bottom steps he looked at me.

"I'm sweaty. I want to go take a shower." He says and I rolled my eyes.

That can wait.

"Julian threatened me today." I blurted out and I could see the confusion across his face.

It came out harshly.

"Which Julian?" He asked in a dark tone and I could see his eyes darkening.

God damn it.

"Which Julian, Shan?!" His voices rumbled like a deep thunder and I was shook.

"Your friend." I tell him and he shook his head.

He left me standing in the living room and walked upstairs.

I'm not sure what he's going upstairs to do but I take a seat on the couch. I kept a watch on the  door because he's not leaving without me.
He came down an hour later and walked towards the kitchen.