004 | 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬

⊹ ໑° · ˚₊· 

⊹ ໑° · ˚₊· 

𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌, scanning the room for familiar faces. They both noticed Audrey, who was waving excitedly at them. 

The two girls made their way over to the brunette, and sat down at the empty table. "Why is no one else sitting here?" Manhattan questioned, looking around at the other students. 

"Why do you think?" Audrey sighed, "We're the new kids. They probably think we're addicts too." 

Winnie glanced around the room, noticing a girl with long, brown hair staring at them. She gave her a small wave, but the girl turned around quickly and faced what seemed to be a table of her friends. Another girl with her hair in braids was listening to music, not even trying to hide her headphones. A boy with melanin skin was crumpling up a paper, and tossing it into the trashcan. 

The girl that had been staring whispered to the boy, and he looked at the group, making eye contact with Winnie. He offered a polite smile, then turned to the girl again and whispered back.  

Winnie frowned, unable to read their lips. Are they talking about me? She thought, slightly amused at the idea. 

She turned back to Manhattan and Audrey, who were deep in conversation. 

"I'm not doing that. Sorry, I'm just not." 

"Why not?" Audrey asked, trying to convince her friend of her idea. "It would be fun, and look totally badass." 

Winnie poked Audrey's shoulder, getting the girl's attention. What? The Latina mouthed, and the brunette turned to her. 

"I think that Fallen Rose should do a welcoming concert or something, in the gym. Show off your skills. It would be amazing," Audrey explained her idea enthusiastically. 

"But we're not," Manhattan deadpanned. 

"Fine, I'll just take it up with Deanie." 

"She doesn't even like you that much," Manhattan pointed out, regreting the comment as she watched Audrey's face fall. 

"Well, we don't know for sure that she does or not..." The red-head tried to retrace her steps, and her friend appreciated the effort. "Yeah, I guess," Audrey mumbled. She really did want Deanie to like her, but the she just didn't seem to. 

Winnie sighed, having liked the idea of a mini-concert. At least then people would know her as something more than just "the mute girl." 

⊹ ໑° · ˚₊· 

Deanie Jones turned the corner, almost running into someone. "Ugh," she grunted. 

"Sorry, my ba-" The boy's apology was cut off when he looked up and saw her. "Oh. Deanie, hey," he stuttered, shocked at seeing her in Hawkins. 

She felt anger rise up, and her features turned cold. "Harrington." 

"Listen, I wanted to talk-" 

"No," she cut him off. "We're not talking. Let's just pretend we never ran into each other." She tried to walk away, but Steve grabbed her arm. 

"Deanie, I need to talk you," he begged. "Please." 

"Wow, so now that I'm likable you can speak to me again?!" She felt her blood boil, and kicked his shin, and he let go of her with a yelp. 

"Stay away from me Harrington. And stay away from my friends." 

Deanie turned and walked away, despite her class being in the opposite direction. She wasn't going to walk past Steve. Or think about him, ever again. 

He left her in the dust when she needed him most, and for that she would never forgive him. 

⊹ ໑° · ˚₊· 

[ 𝗐𝗋𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝗒 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐡. ]

 ]