Three✨

We all have our definitions of life. And those definitions are based on our experiences. But what if one has not experienced anything in a long time? What if life was numb all this while? Sidharth had bitterness towards life. Because life had treated him the same way. Life was consistently harsh towards him. And he was so much familiar with the bitterness of life that the other emotions seemed bizarre to him. Every time he saw someone smile and genuinely laugh, he tried to remember how that felt. His very basis of describing life had failed. At one point, he wished life had a prologue, he would have denied living it.

There are things which make us feel good and bad at the same time. The same was with Sidharth. He loved Mumbai for its fast-paced environment and at the same time, he was discontented with the city. He needed a break from this city to find the answers to those questions that were troubling him for years.

And so, he was standing at the Delhi airport. He knew his life won't be easy from this point. And he was prepared for every situation life had to offer him. If only he knew that life never goes textbook.

He was heading towards the exit when something caught his attention. A girl who just passed by him unknowingly dropped a book on the floor. His gaze travelled to the floor. Picking up the book, he headed towards her. Her back was facing him. He gently nudged her shoulder to gain her attention.

Shehnaaz was engrossed in her phone when someone nudged her from behind. She turned towards the person and her eyes met with a man who was looking at her with doubtful eyes. She raised her eyebrows in a questioning manner.

Sidharth looked at the girl and his eyes lingered on her a little longer than usual. She looked so small in front of him and reached barely up to his shoulders. He liked their height difference. It looked cute. He noticed that she was slightly chubby but in the right places and her cheeks looked so squishy. Everything made her look more beautiful, especially the pink overcoat she was wearing. He looked at her questioning eyes and mentally scolded himself for having inappropriate thoughts towards a stranger.

He pointed towards the book in his hand and asked through his eyes whether it was hers.

Shehnaaz looked at him and then at the book. She cursed herself for being so careless. She mumbled a quick thanks to him after taking the book and gave him a beautiful smile.

Thank you. That's it. A frown appeared on his face. He was accustomed to girls throwing themselves at him. This was not a reaction he expected. He looked at her keenly to know whether she was doing it on purpose. But only found her engrossed on her phone.

He was irritated with the fact that she was not paying attention to him. He knew he was being unreasonable. But he wanted a reaction from her. And so he did what he was good at.

"Phone me hi ghuse rehna bas.. tumhari cheezon ka dhyaan rakhne ke liye to bohot log baithe hai na!" he taunted her.

Shehnaaz who was checking mails on her phone looked at him with wide eyes and a frown. She said thank you right! What more she could do?

"Umm.. Sorry.. and thank you once again!", she mumbled in a low voice. She didn't want to disrespect him by arguing about something irrelevant.

Looking at her face, Sidharth mentally facepalmed himself. What was he doing! He was confused with his behaviour.

"Wo.. aa.. do you need any help? As in regarding airport procedures?" He asked hesitantly. He was sure now that she doesn't know him. And he didn't like the fact. For the first time in three years, he wanted someone to know him, to appreciate him.

Shehnaaz looked at him with her squinted eyes. Is this man real? Is he bipolar or something?

"Ji nahi.. thank you for showing your concern", she replied awkwardly and headed towards the terminal.

Sidharth stared at her back and cussed himself in his mind for being absurd.

............................................................................

Shehnaaz was now sitting inside the plane. This place gave her memories. Some ugly, some beautiful. She wanted to cry, to yell. She sighed. She wanted to face it. Now or never. She knew that it was not going to be easy. But she had faced a lot and this was the time to let go of the baggage of her past.

Her gaze travelled to the book. A smile appeared on her face after remembering the terrible conversation with that man. She wanted to yell at him for being rude. But he was just helping her and she didn't want to appear thankless. She remembered him asking if she needed any help regarding the airport procedures. She so wanted to laugh at his face and only she knew how she had controlled it. She was much more familiar with this place than anyone else.

She was somewhat intimidated by him. She had noticed him in those few minutes. Needless to say, he was handsome. The way his muscles tightened and flexed on their own from his blue linen shirt, the way he fixed his hair time and again and the way he adjusted his glasses; everything about him was perfect. And she wanted nothing more than to hear his sexy voice. She cringed at her thoughts. She definitely needed a psychiatrist. Closing her eyes, she tried to distract herself from his thoughts.
...........................................................................

Sidharth was now looking for a cab for Nainital. He was not much fond of flights. He hated how people eyed him over and over again whenever he was in a public place. He didn't like being the centre of attraction.

And this was the reason he chose to travel by car. Once he was seated in the car, his thoughts wandered to that petite girl. She looked young and beautiful. He wanted to ask whether she liked reading the book. But it would have been more embarrassing for him given the fact that she was unaware of him being the writer. He desperately wanted her to appreciate the writer, if not him. But she didn't. And he was somehow upset with it. He grimaced at his thoughts. He was behaving so strange. He brushed off her thoughts and concentrated on the new journey he was heading towards.

If only he knew that this journey was going to take some unexpected turns.

O.. Safarnama..
Sawaalon ka
Safarnama

Shuru tumse..
Khatam tumpe...
Safarnama

O.. jise dhoonda
Zamaane mein
Mujhhi mein tha

O.. mere saare
Jawaabon ka
Safarnama

...........................................................................

This update is not up to the mark and I'm extremely sorry for that. But I'm not getting much time. I'll try to write better the next time🤧

Kindly vote and give your feedback🌟
Lots of love!
Krishna❤