Chapter 10

TW:
Child abuse
Homophobia

☼︎-------☼︎

POV Vance:

Robin, Finney and I spent the rest of the day together. Finney's not even that bad, he's actually pretty cool.

Man, I didn't think I'd ever say that about him, but I know him and me getting along means a lot to Robin and he's obviously very happy his best friend and his space obsessed boyfriend finally seem to get along.

Finney doesn't seem that scared anymore either. He sure as fuck still is scared of me, but not as if he wants to stay at least 50 feet away from me. More like that if we have an argument he'd let me win on purpose kinda fear.

Something as if we were friends. Well.. I think we are friends now.

And honestly, it feels great. All of the people I hang out with aren't really my friends, they just act like it so neither me nor anyone would hurt them. People think being my friend is a way to get through the school day without injurys, but I really couldn't care less if they get hurt.

They'd always be like:
"Vance, he beat me up please hurt him for me!" Or "He said something rude please punch him!" They always whine. All the time and it's so god damn annoying.

Robin's not like that, he knows how to fucking stand up for himself unlike those whinny bastards.

I'm also sure Finney isn't like that. He trusts his boyfriend and I know Robin talked much about me with them. He wanted them to know as much as possible about me because he really wants me joining their friend group. And I would like that too.

"So Finney.. you spent the day with Vance, what do you say?" Robin asks and I act like I don't listen because I don't want them to knew that I actually care. Like- care a lot.

"I like him. I talked to Billy and Griffin and they said I had to choose. Vance can join our group if he'd like to."

I fought back a smile as Robin tapped my shoulder, gave me a small smile and asked me the question I've waited for so long. Not that I'd ever admit that.

"I'd like to and I appreciate it." I smiled. I have no fucking idea why I said it like that, it had to much manners for my normal cocky self.

Finney looked at me for a few seconds. "Can I hug you?" He asked.  "A little welcome hug, you know."

I slowly nodded and he pulled me into a hug, Robin joining soon after. Those two almost squeezed me to death, the hug was to tight.

But it felt to good to be hugged to say anything against it.

My father doesn't spent time with me unless he wants something or is mad at me. To beat me up, you know? He's just a normal abusive parent I guess.

My mother in the other hand is a very sweet person. She's always nice and she does not deserve to be with someone like my father.

I deserve it though. When I was younger I always told myself that I will never be like him. That I'll never hurt someone like he does. And especially not for stupid reasons.

I ran away from dad and hid in my closet. I made a terrible mistake. My father saw me kissing a boy. I tried telling him that it's normal for a 12-year-old to kiss the same sex. That I just wanted to try myself.