Chapter 42

Ongie

"Okay, so everything is clear, your baby is healthy. I am glad you are eating and taking your vitamins, the baby is growing and I am so excited for you both to know the baby's gender. Are you ready?" We nod, Dr. Kwang heads out to get the results. Unfortunately Dr. Jung couldn't do my check up today because his granddaughter is sick so he went to visit her so she had to fill up for him. "I can't wait, unnie! I really hope it's a baby girl." I shriek while Yeseul unnie hugs me.

Yeseul unnie wanted to come along to the check up since I have gotten used to going alone and finally I get to know the gender of my baby which gives me more time to prepare the baby shower. Dr. Kwang steps in as she looks at the results.

"Congratulations, you are having a baby girl." Yeseul unnie and I scream in excitement. I feel tears rolling down my eyes, I can't believe it, a baby girl. Eomma predicted it the day she gave Junghwa her name and I couldn't be more grateful. I guess Namjoon will do pretty good with a baby girl. "Omo, stop crying." Yeseul unnie wipes my eyes, I thank Dr. Kwang.

"Congratulations once more. See you next month."

- Home

We get home and I notice eomma in the kitchen probably making lunch. Today it's Sunoo's off day so he is either at Jungkook's or in his room. I place my things down walking to the fridge to get myself some ice-cream. "Eomma, you won't believe it." She turns to face me while she chops on some carrots.

"I got the baby's gender."

She rushes over to me, taking the picture into her hand. She jumps up and down screaming and praises God for giving her a granddaughter. "Thank you God, thank you so much for answering my prayers." She kisses the picture multiple of times while Yeseul giggles from the side.

"This calls for a celebration." She giggles rushing behind the counter. As she is busy cooking, Yeseul and I decide to catch up since she was away for her grandma's 80th birthday a few months ago. "So how has these months been?" She asks. "Tiring but very exciting. Namjoon and I got close and the boys. They are all excited and so am I. I just need to prepare the baby shower."

Eomma brings us some drinks when the door opens, Sunoo walks in with his arm around his stomach. "Boba, what's wrong?" I ask getting up to see what's wrong. He waves his arm in the air as he pants. "J-Jung..." My eyes widen, could something bad have happened to Jungkook?

"What about Jungkook, Sunoo?" I ask, getting worried.

"J-Jungkook and... and I w-were working out. He taught... he taught me some boxing and I... my body is sore." We all laugh as I help Sunoo at the table while I bring him some water. He drinks it as I get him some more. "Must have been a rough workout?" He nods, trying to catch his breath.

- The next day

I decide to go shopping to get myself new clothes and all get this boredom away from my positivity. I have been reading the book Soojin gave me and me and her have been good friends. I help her with Kita and she helps me with baby things like, carrying the baby, feeding and all.

I introduced her to Namjoon a few weeks ago and she has also helped Namjoon with practicing how to hold a baby and all since he is very clumsy. As I am walking around to get myself some dresses, I bump into someone I never knew I would, Felix's mom. "Ongie?"

"Mom."

Mom, the name I used to call her when me and Felix were still dating. I felt so secure around her, it was like I had a mother figure while eomma was back in Ilsan with dad and Sunoo.

I had always appreciated this woman.

"How are you darling?" She pulls me into a hug as I hesitate to hug her back since it has been long. "I am fine, mom. How are you?" She smiles. "Fine that I have seen you. Come let's go to a café have a chat." I nod, picking up the few dresses I had and heading to pay. I follow her to a café which is just round the corner. She orders a latte as I order a milkshake and doughnuts.