Show Me Going

Disclaimer: Pure fiction. I found the book cover photo on Pinterest. I don't own anything.

———

An AU set in 5x20 where Rosa is involved in an active shooting incident and Gina bursts out something the squad didn't expect to know.

———

"Diaz, 3118. Show me going."

"Diaz, Rosa Diaz?!"

"That's her badge number. Rosa's there."

Gina's heart shrunk in an instant upon Jake, confirming that Rosa is in an active shooting incident. She got up from her chair and went straight to the Break Room. Thinking it would clear her mind. She needs to pretend that everything is going to be okay. Of course, she is Rosa Diaz. She's fearless. She's fine. But she is her girlfriend.

The squad immediately scattered at their own corners. All feeling anxious. Amy is with Jake. Terry and Charles. Hitchcock and Scully. Holt at his office, doing everything he can to keep them updated. She needs someone right now to make her calm. Usually, it's her girlfriend. But she is the reason why Gina is internally panicking at this moment. Then, she scrolled through her twitter feed, checking if there are news coming but it's all the same headlines, some are bunch of her Aussie followers tryna make her tweet. She's not fond into praying but now, she might actually do it. For the love of her life.

Half an hour ago, still no news. Gina bit her lip, trying to suppress her tears from coming out. She doesn't like crying. In public. Gina grabbed her phone, slowly opening the iMessage.

Rosie Posie 🌹 : went out for a burger, do u want something ?

                                             :no babe i'm full

Rosie Posie 🌹 : ok. the line is so long i'm starving

                                   : theres plenty of store who sells and cooks burger rosa 😑

Rosie Posie🌹: charles recommend dis 2 me, thougjt i should try

                                 :k whatever. just b quick jake's asking where u r

Rosie Posie🌹: who cares

                                  :lol. dats my girl

Rosie Posie 🌹: love you

Rosie Posie🌹ders an active dhooting incident near me gin a ihave torespond im textingu so youkl know i loveyou call ulater

She haven't read the last text until now, and it shook her core. Rosa texted her while she was busy goofing around with the squad?  That one time she wasn't on her phone.

"Squad, we have an update."

She quickly ran to the bullpen upon hearing Holt's voice. There were evidence of tears in her red turtle neck that's why the squad gave her a look.

"Gina, did you cry?" Amy asks.

"Ya. I just listened to the music I wrote. God, such a masterpiece."

The squad shakes their head in sync and put their whole attention to the Captain. Waiting for some good news to come out in his mouth.