Chapter Six

I slowly walk out of the room. I feel so weird. I feel angry and sad but I have no idea why. My instincts are telling me to run. What is wrong with me? I need to figure out what's going on. I decide to stay in the hallway and hide behind the door to listen in.

"Bring in Alexander." I hear the queen order. Do I know an Alex? I feel like I know that name from somewhere. What is wrong with me? Why has my mind gone all fuzzy? The more I try to think the more my head hurts. Why is this happening? My stomach and head are throbbing. A few minutes pass and I look into the room and witness a guy, who I'm guessing is Alexander, get stabbed. I flinch and the pain in my stomach becomes unimaginable. I stumble back and feel like I'm going to pass out. I lean against the wall to try stable myself. Flashes of memories fill my head. It hurts. They all come flooding in at once. "I remember." I say to myself.

I remember everything. I remember the job the king assigned me. I remember traveling to the mountain to retrieve the crown. I remember the queen stabbing me. I remember Kay and Layla. How could I have forgotten? Did the queen use one of the opals to brainwash everyone? How is this happening? I forgot about everything that's real. I was made to think that Satella was the one true queen. She made the entire kingdom think that. How did she manage that? She won. She got what she wanted. There's nothing I can do. We've lost. She's won.

"Abigail hurry up and clean this up." I heard the queen shout.

"Abigail?" I quietly say to myself. I once again peak my head round the door and saw that purple haired girl who I spent many days with, who annoyed me, who made me so angry, who betrayed me, who saved me, who eventually became my friend sat on the floor cleaning up blood. "Kay?"