The Ow House

Ah naw. Here we go again. Sonic thought to himself as he was, yet again, falling through a portal.
Wonder where I'll end up this time?

***

"I can't wait to show you the town celebrations!" Luz explained, dragging her partner, Amity, along, "We have a big Christmas tree, and every building has lights, and there's... oh my Titan what's that?"

The two stopped as Luz pointed out something from the sky, falling quickly. She could make out it was some sort of creature, and it was screaming as it fell.
"Is that a demon?" Luz thought out loud before hitting the ground with a thud, rolling into some fresh snow.

Everyone had turned to look, and the two girlfriends nodded at each other before rushing over.
"Hey, are you ok?" Luz asked, but the 'demon' didn't respond, and everyone was looking in their direction. Luz gasped a little bit noticing a wound on their leg.

"It's ok! That's just our... skydiving cat! Yes, that's it! We'd better take them back now.. that's enough skydiving for one day!" She told the dazed Sonic, who assumed, by the hair color and through double vision, that this was Merlina.
"Huh? I wasn't skydiving Merlina. I fell through another portal, you better not try to kill me again," he muttered, the two rushing of with him, the creature mumbling something about 'not wanting to be a sacrifice'

***

"What the heck is that?" Luz's mother, Camila, asked in surprise.
"Another demon from the Broiling Isles?" Luz guessed, but Amity shook her head.

"I've never seen anyone like this before," she explained, "I don't think that their from our realm."

"Oh my titan!" Luz exclaimed again as Sonic awoke, "A new realm! I can't wait to learn about it!"

"Ok, baby girl!" Camila exclaimed, "big for now, let's calm down, and let them rest," she walked over to the creature with a bowl of warm water, bending down by his leg and she started to clean it.

"Are you ok? That sounds like quite the fall you had,"
"Yeah, I think, thanks... ouch.." he winced slightly, before laughing it off, "Heh,"

"It's fine. Look, we don't ask questions or judge in this household," she explained as she gently dressed it.

"Ok, now. Where are you from sweetie?"
"Um... this is going to sound crazy.. but I'm from another dimension?" Sonic shrugged, but Camila just shook her head.
"Honestly, after everything I've seen, I believe you. Do you know how to get back home?"

"No.." Sonic answered, "I'm probably stuck here until some miracle happens,"
"Well, I guess that means that you can stay here," Camila told him, putting the supplies away.

A boy suddenly came through the front door, and he gasped when he saw Sonic.
"Luz.. Luz... there's a really furry.. sat on our couch!" He squeaked, rushing over.
"Ahem. Hello. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Hunter!" He bowed a little.

"Pleasure," Sonic smiled, "I'm Sonic!" He held his hand out, Hunter shaking it.
Another Girl had also come through the door, introducing herself as Willow.

And then there was the kid who was helping Camila, they had introduced themselves as a basilisk called Vee.

"Oh! We was found to watch the big tree turn on tonight!" Luz reminded, "Sonic, please come with us!"
Camilla had a few concerns. "But Luz, if someone sees him, or more specifically, Jacob sees him.. remember what he almost did to Vee. I wouldn't ever forgive myself if something bad happened to him,"

She's not even known me for a day and she still cares about me. She reminds me of Vanilla.. Sonic thought about the friends back in his dimension, and if they was worried about him or not, "I know so thing or two when it comes to laying low, I'll be fine," he convinced, and Camila thought about it before nodding.
"Ok, but just stay out of sight,"

***

Even Luz seemed surprised by the sheer size of the tree, and she'd been here every year to see it.
Sonic was always captivated by lights, and this one was no different. He sat and stared at it until someone tapped him in the shoulder, it was Hunter.

"Hey, Camila said to give this to you," he handed over a cup of hot chocolate, "she said something about 'catching your death' I don't know how you 'catch' a death, is it like how you catch a ball?" He wondered, and Sonic laughed.

"It's a metaphor," he laughed, watching Hunter's confused face, "It means that if you're not careful, you'll get sick,"
"YoU'rE sIcK!" Hunter yelled, "Well, that's not good, we'd better find a doctor!"

"No! I'm not, Camila means that If I stay in the cold, I will get sick." Sonic explained.
"Ohhhh..." Hunter thought, the little bird on his shoulder chirping.
"Oh, this is Flapjack," he introduced, the bird flying into Sonic's lap, "he's my best friend,"

"Hey," Sonic greeted, the bird looking into his eyes before flying back to hunter's shoulder.
Suddenly, another boy, Gus, sneezed, causing Camila to stand up, "Right, I think that means that it's time to go back,"

Sonic shivered a bit standing up, it had been snowing pretty hard, and Camilla wrapped a blanket around his shoulders.
"How are you not freezing? You're practically wearing nothing," she questioned, Sonic shrugging.

"Come on, let's go back, and I'll make some food," she offered, and Sonic seemed shocked, "Don't look so surprised, do you really think that I'ld just leave you to freeze out here?"

"But, I do have an idea of how to get you back to your home," Luz suddenly stated, "If titan's blood will get us back to The Demon Realm, then surely something just as powerful from you world will open a portal to your world,"
"A chaos emerald," Sonic stated, finding the one he had in him.

"Yes, that's perfect!" Luz seemed pretty excited, "I'm going to get to work on it right away!" She rushed ahead, Amity following.

"Hey," Hunter got the blue's attention, "what If you don't mind me asking, why do you have so many scars?"
"Oh?" Sonic grinned, "All of them? Ok," he sighed.
"Well, this one over my heart is from a flaming arrow, long story. This one on my nose is from a pet, also a long story. These on my chest are just top scars, and this massive one on my leg.." he stopped,
"Well, I don't really like to talk about that one,"

"No, I don't like to talk about line either," Hunter breathed, "But that sure sounds like a heck ton of adventures,"

"It is, and there's more," he explained.
"Please, I want to hear about all of them!" Hunter seemed to be star-stuck by the small Möbian.

"Well, if you insist.." Sonic started, "It all started when an evil scientist started turning small creatures called critters into robots.."