THREE

—————————————————-

————————————————————————-

DELANEY:

I woke up to the warm smell of bacon and eggs, the memories of regressing in front of the two women slowly coming back. I felt immense panic flood my face as I knew how vulnerable I was, god I should have never called.

Fuck.

I quickly ran to my room, quietly shutting it and getting dressed for work. It sounded bad that I wanted to avoid them but, I more so wanted to avoid the conversation. Once I was showered, dressed, and ready I quickly sneaked towards the front door until I heard the raspy Russian accent behind me.

"You are literally terrible at trying to sneak away, I mean literally. I heard you as soon as you woke up, anyways your manager texted and said you have the day off." She stated while eating the bacon immediately in her hands, thanks Mike.

I sighed as I hated when mike texted me for the day off, he knows I work hard but he's constantly worried I'm going to 'overwork' myself.

I groaned at the fact knowing I definitely didn't want it but it gives me an opportunity to call the number Davie gave me, at the mention of her name the reason I had gotten more drunk clouded my vision.

Davie was just a friend, she could never like me that way. I just had to deal with it, nothing could change the facts. I sat down giving up the fight, avoiding their eyes as I ate the plate of food in front of me.

"I'm sorry about last night, I was drunk and I guess it just happened-" I was interrupted before I could finish as Kate shook her head almost instantly, I watched her carefully as she began to speak.

"It's not something you can control Laney, we told you to call us if it happened and you did. Nothing is going to change, nor are we weirded out." Kate stated while ending the conversation, as much as I wanted to defend that opinion, my hangover got the best of me and before I knew it we were laughing on the couch. I was relieved we just left it there, grateful for it honestly.

I was interrupted quickly by a phone call, the loud ringing filling the room as I immediately sighed answering on speaker. I knew the two would keep quiet, wanting to ease-drop into the conversation more than anything of the face, I quickly smirked as they leaned closer to listen into it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Delaney Peters?"

"Uh, yea this is her, may I ask who this is?"

"This is Pepper Potts, I work for stark industries.
I recently got your application and wanted to possibly set up a date to interview, for housekeeping?" The words confused me at first before realization dawned on me, god damn it Davie.

Even though I knew I wouldn't get the job, I just knew it wouldn't hurt to try anyways. Who knows, maybe things would finally work out for me. Although, I was too busy to realize the panic on the pairs faces to know what had made them anxious.

"Uh perfect! I can do today if it works for you?" I asked hesitantly, I quickly heard the sweet and perky voice through the phone with relief. Wow, I thought someone would have taken this job by now.

"That's perfect, may I ask a little about you beforehand. I also want to go over the salary, of course you will be paid very generously...you're gonna need it." The woman went into a quiet mumble at the end of her sentence but Ignored, deciding not to press up on it and ruin my chances.

"That would be great, as you know my name is Delaney I'm currently trying to save up to go to college, I am 18 years old. I have cleaning experience and I'm currently looking for a job with better pay, may I ask what the job would entail?" I questioned with a polite and shy voice, I didn't want to seem rude as my mind spaced off for a moment.

"So the job pays at 175$ an hour, you would come and live at the tower most likely bit still work what you are scheduled, if you are sick just let us know. We are pretty understanding of everything, we also have doctors on site if needed." She stated into the phone, my eyes practically bulged out of my head at the pay. "1-175?" I questioned hesitantly, pepper almost seemed worried at my answer as she went into a full ramble, seeming almost worried I wouldn't take it.

"Is that okay? We can pay more? We also have all your needs covered whether it's clothes or hygiene." The woman stated softly making me smile at her warming tone, the woman had sounded like the sweetest person on earth and couldn't help but make her worried at ease. "No it's more than enough." I reassured, before thinking for a second.

"Can I bring my cat? He won't cause any trouble, he's just a packaged deal." I stated softly but felt relief at her agreement. "Would the interview at about...1pm be okay?"she questioned making me nod with a smile, this job was perfect. Too perfect.

Once I hung up I checked the time before rushing to get ready, I was so distracted by what was happening to realize that both Kate and Yelena had severe panic and anxious looks plastered to their face.

I quickly freshened up, putting a light face of makeup which consisted of mascara, eyebrow filler, and a bit of lip balm before putting my long brown hair into a ponytail with a sigh

I decided on my outfit with some dark brown fabricated pants, doc martens, and a light beige oversized sweater. I smiled at myself in the mirror before running out to the living room, smiling slightly. "I'll be back I have an interview in about 25 minutes if I'm not back by 4, assume I am getting murdered." She stated nonchalantly before running out of the door, god she hoped this interview went well.

Little did she know, it would change her life in more ways then she knew.

——————————————————————————

Ha I'm now working 11-7 on my fucking anniversary, thanks boss. My fiancé literally took the entire day off I feel like shit about it, anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter I'll see ya soon! :)