Chapter 14- "Are They Worthy?"

Start from the beginning

The gang was extremely wary of their surroundings. No place that they knew of on earth looked quite like the city of stone in front of them.

"Like where are we," Shaggy voiced the question they was present in everyone else's minds.

"It's like KISS World, but weirder," Fred pondered out loud. Even though the bright neons and moving amusement rides were not represented, he was right in that this place was modeled after the theme park they had just came from. Or was it the other way around?

"That's impossible," Fred finally breathed after reality started sinking in. KISS having superpowers, the Crimson Witch being real, and otherworldly dimension- he started to realize that this mystery was turning into something much bigger than all of them.

Velma, on the other hand, naturally questioned the validity of their surroundings. "Looks like more special effects to me," she stated crossing her arms in front of her.

"I don't know, it looks pretty real," Daphne told the gang as she looked around cautiously. "I'm afraid." True to her word, Daphne's eyes were as round as saucers, showcasing the fear inside her.

Fred pulled Daphne into his side in an attempt to give her some comfort. Daphne wasn't alone in her fear of this strange, unknown place.

Velma would not allow herself to feel the same emotions as her companions, though. She was certain that this whole setup was a ruse, but for what purpose she didn't know.

"Come on Daphne, we're still in the theme park. We've seen stranger things," Velma told the redhead in a matter-of-fact way.

"Come Scooby gang. We must speak to the Elder." The gang turned their attention to Starchild as he ushered them closer to the largest building. He and the rest of the band wore serious expressions to Starchild's words.

"Nah, these guys take the cake of strangeness," Shaggy decided. KISS remained earnest and pensive as they continued on to meet with whoever they claimed to be 'the Elder.'

With no other visible choice, the gang arrived to the building made of stone right on KISS's heels. They came to a stop when they noticed that the band, too, had come to a standstill.

"Where is everyone," the Demon questioned out loud. He looked at his surroundings warily. Kissteria was usually a city bursting with life and music, but now it was as desolate and quiet as a graveyard.

Just as soon as they all started to wonder if the place was abandoned, a hoard of people wearing black and white facepaint started pouring from the surrounding buildings. The gang couldn't help but notice the similarities of the outfits and facepaint between these people and KISS.

From the tallest building, though, came an elderly woman walking calmly towards the ragtag group. They had moved closer together due to the shock of all of the sudden activity around them.

Shaggy's eyes were trained in awe on the appearance of the woman. No-one could mistake the air of authority radiating off of her. "That must be her," Shaggy stated in wonderment.

"The Elder," Scooby clarified. Like Shaggy, he was astonished by the woman.

"Certainly not the younger," Velma whispered under her breath so that only her gang could hear. Unbeknownst to her, the surrounding Kissterians could here her clearly due to their supernatural hearing, though none acknowledged it.

The Elder had been reading all of the signs that have been coming to light in the realm of Kissteria. Knowing what was most likely coming, she had been preparing her city for the arrival of the inevitable. Not wasting any time, the Elder approached the Guardians.