"It does but my parents didn't do it for that purpose. They did to take revenge." Rhea spat out bitterly.

"Revenge?" I whispered quietly, overwhelmed by this new piece of information..

"Yes, revenge. Revenge because of me. Revenge because Adrian and I broke up. They took revenge because Adrian broke up with me. I had no idea my parents had set up a contract to have Adrian and I married soon after we turn 18. Just a fortnight before the holidays, my parents decided to bring this up with Mr. and Mrs. Rider who politely refused because they knew Adrian and I had parted on bitter terms and Adrian didn't trust me anymore after all what I've done, I don't blame him or Allison or Anna or Hayley or Roxy or Frannie or you because I was really horrible at the time. They told my parents that they didn't want to force Adrian into a marriage he wouldn't be willing and they were quite happy with his current girlfriend. My parents were really furious and though they also knew that Adrian and I parted on bitter terms and what I've done, they didn't mind. Bringing their name to the top of the corporate world and merging their company with Grenalda Solutions was what they wanted. They always thought about how they could do in business, they never cared about anything else. That's how they planned and made Grenalda Solutions incur such a loss. My parents knew how important this latest project was for Mr. Rider but they wanted to take revenge and they finally did. Look where this led the Riders to." Rhea said bitterly as she wiped away angry tears.

I was shocked. How could people be so cruel? "What do you mean by this project is important to Mr. Rider?"

Rhea looked up and smiled sadly "It would have helped Mr. Rider in finalising the cancer trust fund he had set up. He had put almost all his money in doing it and a few thousand dollars was all he needed to finish it and the rest of the money to ensure the smooth running of Grenalda Solutions but after he failed to grasp this project, everything went downhill. The little money he saved he had to use it for this cancer fund of his and the bank accounts were drained to sustain Grenalda Solutions and I guess they used it to flee the country too."

"Do you know where did they flee?" I asked her, hoping that she indeed did know.

"No, sorry Belle, I have no idea. All these big business corporates keep their hideaways secret and even the children wouldn't know all of them. Hell, I don't know a single one of ours and I am not allowed to ask either." She shook her head sadly.

"It's alright. I don't understand anything about corporate business world, sorry. My dad's an environmental lawyer whilst my mum's a lawyer dealing with family problems." I told her, apologetically.

Rhea nodded her head and before she could reply, Mrs. Lockhart entered the class. Rhea looked around the class to see that none of the desks were vacant except mine. I tugged at her wrist.

Rhea looked at me, confused and troubled.

"Hey, just sit next to me." I whispered fiercely, not wanting to be overheard by strict Mrs. Lockwood.

"Um, I don't think so-" Rhea began but I pulled her down to the seat.

"Stop being such a scaredy cat. I won't bite you. So, gather your courage and sit, relieved instead of getting scolded by Mrs. Lockwood." I hissed at her.