New Beginnings

I, George Davidson didn't know whst I had been tricked into until it was too late. My ex boyfriend turned abusive, locking me in the basement and barely feeding me. I only escaped because he had accidentally left his phone downstairs and i called thr police. Months went by of us going through trial still he was locked in jail for a while. I couldnt bare to live in that apartment so I sold it and began to look for a new place. I couldn't be alone. If I was alone my thoughts would get to me.. so I looked for an apartment with a roommate listing.

I found one. Two bed room apartment the guy Wilbur, I think it said, was gonna get the master bedroom. But only 200 bucks a a week in London? Am I dreaming? I applied snd he quickly called back.

"Oh hey uh.. your the one interested in my apartment right?" He asked me over the phone. I sighed softly, he didn't sound creepy, atleast over the phone. "Oh yeah I am." The guy hummed "my name is Wilbur, yours?" I smiled lightly And closed my eyes "George. George Davidson." He hummed "cute name. When are you available to let me come look at the place." I asked then sighed running my fingers through my hair "oh I'm free right now!" He said excitedly "oh. Alrighty." I stood up "and uhm. I know you probably have.. a lot of applicatnts for the apartment.. but I really would like for you to consider letting me stay.. I'm living in an hotel right now." I don't know why I was telling him this. He's a stranger. Wilbur hummed but stayed quiet for a minute as I made my way to the car "here, I'll make a deal. If your super duper sweet when I first meet you can have the room?" I smiled "yeah! Sounds good! I'll see you there!"

I hung up the phone and hopped in the car. I rested my head on the the steering wheel for a second, praying. Praying for dear God to let me find my new home here. I looked at the address listed, put it on my GPS and started driving. I got to the subway station soon, parking my car paying the fee to park there till I can drive to the new apartment. I then got on the subway and sat down. I fell asleep on the two hour drive. I woke up to the subway at a stop and I quickly got out. I looked around before grabbing my phone again trying to decide why I had set the GPS. I left and started to walk to the apartment. I got on a bus and looked outside before I closed my eyes and hopped that this apartment was worth it. We got off, I walked and soon stood outside of the building. I went up, looking at my phone until I found the apartment number and knocked. Soon a tall brunette opened the door and smiled at me "are you George?" He asked me.

I blinked before nodding "yeah Im guessing your Wilbur?" I asked with a soft smile and he moved to the side "come in! I hope it lives up to your expectations." He said with a soft laugh that made me smile. I honestly hated talking to new people, I shocked myself actually being able to talk to him on the phone. Him closing the door brought me back into reality and I looked back "well as you can see i reslly havent moved in either." He said with a soft sigh as I looked around the livingroom. It was decently sized for London. "And.. only.. 200 bucks for this?" I asked softly. He nodded and then laughed nervously "well uh. Across the street is a active construction sight. So we get a good deal." He nodded. I then sighed "okay sounds good." Wilbur then smiled at me "anyways! Come on! I'll show you your room, well.. if you decide to move in." He hummed before turning around and walking off to a room. I followed him and looked around. It was sad pretty big room, a small closet off to the side and big window that faces off to the street. I noted I'd need curtains. He then brought me out of my trace again and smiled "and then there's the bathroom, that's the door right besides yours. It has like.. scratches on it for some reason, I think they dropped it putting it in. And I'll show you my room too." He said walking out. We went to his room and I knew immediately he'd gotten the master bedroom but I liked minimizium anyway. We went over some minor things before we went into the livingroom and he smiled "so.. do you wanna move it?" He asked me as he leaned against one of the walls. I nodded "I'd love too.. so uhm.. paperwork?" I asked and he sat up "oh shit! I'll go get them from the office!" He said before he just rushed out of the room. I sat down against one of the walls and closed my eyes. It was getting pretty late, but who cares. I could see myself living here. And Wilbur is pretty cool.

I fell asleep, against my better judgement. I only woke up to sunlight shining through the window and the grinding sound of construction. I saw I had papers sitting next to me, a blanket and Wilbur standing in the kitchen washing a bowl that he had just bought so he could eat something. I got up and he turned around and smiled at me "your awake! Im sorry I was gone so long that you fell asleep." He laughed and I shook my head "no it's fine. I was tired." He put the bowl to the side and poured some cereal and milk before offering it to me "I.. need to wash a spoon." He soad before grabbing a plastic bag and opening. I looked at him as he came over with the cereal and spoon. "Oh no I'm good." He said but he shook his head "your my roommate now. And eating breakfast by myself is lonely." So I hesitatanly took the bowl and sat down. He soon sat down and he sat down next to me with a smile.
"This will be fun." He offered.