Alpha Superior got out of the car, then walked up the stone steps into his home. He went to his quarters, ignoring the pestering questions from the others. He needed time to think.

As he entered the dark yet sleek bedroom, he took off his jacket. He set it on the medieval-style bed before taking a quick shower.

Alpha Superior glanced at himself in his bathroom mirror. His hands wrapped around the edge of the marble sink. He made sure not to use too much force so as not to crack the stylized features.

With droplets of water falling from his short dark hair, he leered at himself in the mirror, his silver eyes focusing on his body—the armor of the lycanthropes. The color of his eyes almost made him sneer in irony; everything about him was tenebrous except those bright, icy eyes. His nose was straight, sitting between two average-set eyes and bushy dark eyebrows. His jaw was angular, laying the foundation for his regal-looking, high cheekbones.

He took his hand and rubbed the beard that had grown to a length that made him uncomfortable. He trimmed the disobedient strands of hair, and he was now donning well-groomed facial hair.

He knew Artemis had granted him a pleasing body—a body that allowed him to walk downstairs and choose any female he wanted and take her to bed. But it was rare that he gluttoned himself with sex. His physical features told a lie of youth. He was by no means a child. However, he looked the same as he had been, when he was given his lycanthrope at twenty-seven. He was old, far older than most wolves.

There were two ways to obtain a wolf: the first was through birth, and the second was when the Goddess saw one fit to have it. The Alpha was granted a lycan, and Artemis designated him Alpha Superior, Alpha of Alphas.

A knock came, and he groaned internally. He pushed himself away from the mirror, tightly gripping the towel around his waist.

As soon as he opened the door, an angry female stomped toward him, huffing and crossing her arms like a petulant child.

"You are ninety-five years old, Elena. Stop pouting like a goddamn pup."

"He brought that thing here."

"This is childish nonsense. Has she talked to you?"

"No, but—"

"Has she talked to any pack members?"

"No."

"Has she hurt you or Kaius?"

"No, Alpha, but—"

"But nothing, Elena. The only qualm you have with her is the fact that she's human. Instead of being a bitch and coming to my bedroom with this petty bullshit, remember that I can and will rip your vocals out with my hands. Get out!"

The female stifled her anger and left his office, slamming of the door.

The Alpha rolled his eyes and relaxed as much as he could. That was until he heard the shrieking cries of a baby on the second floor. Celest was speaking soothingly to the child.

He growled lowly, feeling something arise within him. He got dressed and sought out the problem.

When he neared his brother's room, he heard him say, "Something has her upset."

"Maybe it's because you've brought her to a house of wolves."

Aella's cries quieted as his voice echoed through the room like a cannon. Neither Celest nor Kaius noticed, and the Alpha remained passive.

Kaius sensed his brother before he said anything, and he turned around to see the Alpha in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"As happy as ever, I see," Kaius said sardonically.