Ethereal (Fem Angel Reader)

Start from the beginning

Y/N kept looking around as we walked, observing the slightly distorted landscape. We arrived at my house, and I opened the door. "I'm really sorry for the mess, I don't really have company very often." I said. She took a good look around. "It's fine, I've seen worse. Do you need any help with cleaning?" Y/N asked. I shook my head. "Alright. I don't need a bed or anything, I don't really sleep very often." She added. I guess that's one thing we have in common. She turned away from me, and that's when I noticed something on her back.

"Hey, are those wings?" I asked. Y/N quickly turned around. She let out a long sigh. "Yes, they are. I guess I should tell you what I am, shouldn't I?" She replied. "This might sound crazy, but... I'm not actually human. I'm an angel. I was actually banished from heaven for sinning." She added. I was surprised, but then again I did live in Uncanny Valley. And I wasn't exactly human either. "That's okay! I'm glad you told me." I responded. Y/N smiled warmly. "Thank you for being so considerate, and thank you for letting me stay here." She said.

Y/N POV
About three months had passed, and I was still living with Doe. Over time we became very good friends, and he showed me how to live comfortably in the Uncanny Valley. I still stay close to him of course, since there seems to be a lot of different creatures that live here and they're supposedly very dangerous if  not approached with caution. I can tell that John likes me a lot. He always holds my hand whenever we're in public together, and he's just very clingy in general, not that it's a bad thing though.

It was raining outside, and John kept looking out the window anxiously. "What's wrong? Do you want to go outside or something?" I asked. He became incredibly tense. "I can't go outside in this weather! Water hurts my skin, if too much gets on me I'll melt!" He replied in a panic. I looked at his hoodie, an idea forming in my head. "Couldn't you zip up your hoodie? If you pulled the hood over your head, the rain can't touch you!" I replied, proud of my fantastic idea. He looked away, mumbling something. "I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you." I said.

"I said I don't know how to zip it up..." He answered, embarrassed. "I can help you zip it up if you want to go outside." I offered. He seemed to loosen up a bit. "I guess so. I've haven't been in the rain for a long time. The last time didn't go so well..." He replied, trailing off. I didn't want to ask him about it, fearing I might make him uncomfortable.

I grabbed his hand, guiding it to the zipper of his hoodie. Using his hand, I zipped up his hoodie, hoping he would remember how to do this in the future. Once our eyes met, I realized the awkwardness of the situation. I felt my face warming up, and John's face was a bit pinker than before. I stopped holding his hand, and he slipped his hood over his head. "So uh... Ready to go outside?" I asked, trying to move away from the previous situation. He nodded, and I opened the door.

John was very hesitant at first, but eventually he stepped outside. A drop of rain hit a strand of his hair, and he physically recoiled. John immediately pulled on the drawstrings of his hoodie to hide his hair. I stepped out in front of him, using my wings to shield him from the rain. He slowly opened his hood to see if he was safe from the rain. John sighed in relief, and more eye contact ensued. His pupils dilated, and my chest became tight. It was a beautiful moment, and in the heat of it, I cupped his face with one hand. Without a second thought, I kissed him.

John Doe POV
It took me a moment to realize what was happening. Y/N was kissing me. Kissing... me?! A thousand thoughts flooded my head. How could this literal angel be attracted to me of all people? Almost as soon as those thoughts had appeared, they had slipped away. The thing that I had dreamed of happening was happening now. All of my worries had gone away. Y/N had stopped kissing me.

"I love you, John. You've been so kind to me for the past few months. You're unlike anyone I've ever met, and I hope to spend the rest of eternity with you!" She said. I was overjoyed, I barely knew what to say! "I... I love you too!" I exclaimed, pulling her into a tight hug. I started another kiss, Y/N wrapping her arms around my neck. It had stopped raining, so Y/N let her wings down. We stopped kissing, and I slipped my hood off. We both went inside.

"So how was the rain?" Y/N asked. "It was much nicer than I thought it would be! Especially with you, Y/N. Thank you so, so much for being with me." I replied. She smiled at me. "You're welcome John. I'm so happy you feel the same way I do about you!" She said. She sat on the couch, motioning me to sit next to her. I did as she pleased. Y/N layed down, and she layed me on top of her. She wrapped her arms around me, and I instinctively layed my head on her chest. I love her so much! She's so perfect I could cry. I want to stay like this forever.

Hope you enjoyed it! I'll be busy writing a special oneshot for October 31st, the Halloween special! I'll still try to fit in another oneshot this month though. Have a good day/night!

Wordcount: 1761