ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ-𝙶𝚎𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚢

Everything's fine, no wait... Everything's perfect! No, that's still not right. 

Everything was awesome when we started dating, I felt free. Which is weird to some because usually you feel free when your single but not in this case. I don't know why I feel free I just do. It was going smoothly for the first couple of months. We ran into some problems after that but that never changed anything, we still loved each other beyond measure. 

Three years... Three years of his unconditional love, and all the sudden he stops, how do you say it, loving me? Although let's not start assuming things, he's just been acting really off lately. I can't help but expect the worse, my mind tends to wander to the bad side even though I want it to stay on the good side. What if he breaks up with me? What if he found someone else? What if I'm not good enough? All the what if's are getting old, I just want to know what's going on.

"Going to work, I'll be back soon," George whispered into my hair, barely pecking my cheek when he leaned down to kiss it. He said it in such a monotone voice, it made me angry if I'm being quite honest and blunt.

"Okay, I'll see you after?" I said turning around, only to see him almost walk out the door. He looked at me with a somewhat sorrowful look yet a look that also said he didn't care,

"No, I don't think so..." and just like that he left without another single word. He left without looking back, almost slamming the door.

I sighed to myself as I heard him apparate out of our property. He's been acting like this for two weeks. Two weeks! I don't understand, why now? I can't lose the only person I've ever loved, it's just not an option. 

I started cleaning up the house a bit since it hasn't been cleaned in a while, therefor it was definitely a little messy. Although if I'm being honest it's easy to clean the house when your a magic folk, you can have the dishes clean themselves. The broom sweep the floors without having to lift a single finger. 

I was dusting off a picture frame when I noticed it was the picture of Fred and George together, the last picture they could and would ever take together. That's when it hit me, Fred's birthday was coming up soon, it was his birth month... How could I have been so stupid to think that I was doing something wrong when really George was just extremely sad because of his dead brother's birthday. It's pathetic actually. I mean it was both of their birthdays but George didn't like to celebrate his anymore because he didn't want to be reminded of Fred.

Suddenly a thought came to my mind. I stopped cleaning the house and immediately went to the kitchen. I quickly whipped up a two tier cake, with the help of a little magic. It was covered in white frosting with beautiful words saying 'In life' on one side and 'In death' on the other. Now I know it's weird and very sad but I want George to know that his brother is always right there with us.

I packaged the cake up in a box carefully gripping it tightly so it wouldn't slip out of my hands. Then I went outside and apparated to George and Fred's joke shop.

-At the joke shop-

I walked through the doors of their office. As I walked in I saw one empty desk that was collecting dust and then I saw George sitting at his desk. Leaning his head on his hand, looking at some papers and doing nothing but fiddling with the pen in his other hand.

"George, baby?" I said with a hushed yet gentle tone. His head shot up when he heard my voice.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" He asked with a normal and shaken voice.

"Just come with me okay? I promise it'll be worth your time," I said holding my hand out for him to grab it. He accepted my request and grabbed onto my hand, not bothering to look me in the eyes, or even look at me at all.

We were walking and walking and walking. Until we came to the cemetery... George looked at me finally with a puzzled look, and a frightened one, because he knew that this was the exact place where they had buried Fred. 

We made it to his grave, all the sudden the mood got a whole lot more damp. I sat next to Fred's grave, starting to open the box that had the cake in it. George finally sat down as well, then he looked at the cake. 

Then I heard sniffles. I turned my head to look a George, he was on the verge of tears. Which made me cry a little.

"Let it out George. I miss him too..." I said placing the box down and embracing George in the tightest hug ever. I was about to let go because he didn't return the hug, but just as I was letting go he grabbed me and pulled me closer. Starting to cry onto my shoulder.

We stayed there for a while, embraced in each other's arms. It was a comfortable and yet sorrowful silence. 

"Thank you," George whispered into my ear, pulling back to kiss me. I looked at him as we both pulled away from one another. I smiled at him, he returned the favor.

We stayed there until the sun started to set, celebrating both of their birthdays.