Chp 3 - In Your Arms Pt.2

Start from the beginning

But before they could fully exit the King's presence, the King called out. "By the way.." Kris turned slightly to face him again. "Is my son..happy?" The King said with a gloomy face. Instead, Kris didn't take his bluff this time. "Like you CARE! You were gonna throw him off a cliff!" Susie yelled, seeing through his lie as well. "Ah, your prejudice made my bluff too effective, I see. Besides, even IF I threw him, he would just bounce," he grinned. "My son is..a bouncy little pumpkin," he said..affectionally?

"Awww cute!" Ralsei cooed. "WE'RE DONE TALKING TO YOU!" Susie growled furiously.

-

Kris and the others went upstairs. A long hallway with rooms yawned ahead. "I..have a surprise for you all," Ralsei fiddled with his paws, a slight blush on his furry face. "I made rooms for you in the castle," he announced. "Rooms?" "So you can stay here whenever you want!" Ralsei explained. "Umm, I'd be happy if this place could be like a second home to you. A place that you can go no matter what's happening outside," He told them. Kris noticed Y/N forming a warm smile. It gave butterflies to Kris and threatened them(♡) to smile too.

"Heh, well, we'll take a look," Susie grunted. Kris led the group, and went to a cyan door. They(♡) could guess that this was their(♡) room. They(♡) opened the door to reveal a room Kris had never had before. Trophies filed on shelves, a comfy looking bed sat below them. Kris went over to the bed and felt it. It was incredibly soft, like sleeping on a dream. Next to the bed of a stand for their Manuel. "I thought you might want to keep it here in case you want to read it," Ralsei offered. Next to it was a shelf. They(♡) could keep all sorts of keepsakes here. There was a wardrobe too, full of all sorts of different clothes. They(♡) could wear whatever they want. This was the complete opposite of Kris's original room, whereas it was empty and plain. It made Kris almost crack a smile. And just when it couldn't get even better, there was..moss.

It looked delicious.

"Why the hell does YOUR room get moss," Susie huffed. Ralsei gave a confused look, both to the moss and Susie. Whether it was intentional or not that there was moss in Kris's room, they(♡) didn't mind one bit. "Let's check out my room! Show it to me Ralsei!" Susie yelled eagerly, dragging Ralsei with her.

Until Kris realized, that they(♡) and Y/N were the only ones left in the room.

-

Third Person Y/N's POV:

     "This is a nice room," Y/N commented. She tried to start conversation, but she couldn't calm down her beating heart. Y/N couldn't help but keep sneaking glances towards Kris, with their(♡) silky blue hair, their(♡) tall confident stance, their(♡) ruby eyes. "And um, I made you t-this," Y/N told Kris who was puzzled, until she pulled out a chocolate muffin. "Ralsei taught me how to make it and I remembered how you liked chocolate b-back at the bake sale, and I saw the look you had when you bought the c-chocolate there," She mumbled quietly, anxious of whether Kris approved of her baked good. Kris who was sitting at their(♡) new bed, took her muffin and stared at it. Y/N started to sweat the longer they(♡) stared at it and the silence in the room was by far excruciating.

They(♡) munched on the muffin, and Y/N felt her heart skip a bit to see a glimpse of a delighted gleam shine in Kris's eyes. She had never seen that look on Kris before, and she wanted to see it again. "It..tastes really good," Kris told her, until continuing to eat the pastry.

Y/N smiled and sat next to Kris, pleasure welling up to be with Kris again. Rare moments like these was what made Y/N radiate the most. Lost in her admiration, she didn't notice Kris reaching for her hand until they were both connected. "I'm happy to see you again," Kris mumbled, a tint of pink forming on their(♡) cyan cheeks. Just hearing those words made Y/N blush too. Without warning, Kris leaned in. Y/N's breathing hitched, countless of possibilities flood through her mind on what Kris was gonna do. Unexpectedly, they(♡) laid their(♡) head on her chest, near her shoulder. They(♡) sat on her lap, both bodies so close in contact. 'So close,' Y/N's face started to burn with embarrassment. The light scent of apples hit Y/N's nose when she felt Kris move closer to her. 'Do they use apple-scented shampoo?' A thought cross Y/N's mind. She could feel their(♡) breath blowing on her neck. It made Y/N shiver. They(♡) snuggled closer, wrapping their(♡) arms around Y/N's waist, which didn't help slow down her heart one bit. Y/N wondered if they(♡) could hear it, with it hammering so hard.  Their(♡) hold was contagious, as Y/N felt the want to wrap her arms around Kris again. Enveloping her arms around them(♡), her heart felt complete. For what seemed like long hours of comfortable yet awkward silence, which were minutes, the two stayed enveloped in each other's embrace.