Chapter 194 - Reign's Control

Start from the beginning

"Nia, I understand that you might be freaked out a bit, even if you know that was not Kara in your dream. So, if you need a different place to stay for the evening, we would be happy to have you." Sam says.

"Yeah. We have plenty of room." Alex smiles.

"Thank you. I appreciate the offer." Nia smiles, "But, I think it might be best if I just find any apartment now, so I can move out of Kara and Lena's place as soon as possible. I don't think I can stay there any longer, it might get too uncomfortable."

"What?" Morgan says, having just walked into the room along with Kara, Lena and Alura.

Morgan now has tears in her eyes, having overheard what Nia just said.

"Morgan!" Nia says, realising what the 4-year-old just heard, and how it may have sounded to her.

"You are uncomfortable with us?" Morgan asks, with more tears appearing now.

"Morgan no, I...." Nia begins, but before she can continue, Morgan quickly turns around and runs away.

"Morgan!" Nia calls out.

Alura then goes running after her sister, leaving the living room too.

"No. I didn't mean that." Nia says, as she walks towards Kara and Lena.

"Then what did you mean?" Lena asks, a bit annoyed that Nia made Morgan cry.

"I'm sorry." Nia says, "It's just..... when I was training with J'onn, I had another dream that I was fighting Supergirl again.... But.... J'onn has told me that it isn't Supergirl, because the person in my dream, who has similar powers to you, Kara, doesn't walk like you do. But.... it has still freaked me out.... So I thought maybe it would be best I move out to stop feeling sort of uncomfortable, even if I don't think that person is you. It has all just freaked me out a little."

Lena and Kara now grow sympathetic looks on their faces, as they realise what Nia said was a complete misunderstanding, and she didn't mean it in a bad way or anything.

"I wouldn't ever hurt you, Nia." Kara says, "You have to know that."

"I do." Nia nods, "It's just.... it's hard..... because.... I've seen a person who looks like you in my dreams attacking me."

Kara nods her head, with another understanding look on her face.

"I get it." Kara nods, "But I hope you are able to get over it. I don't want that to ruin our friendship or anything."

"It won't." Nia says, "I promise I'll try and work through it."

"I'll go check on Morgan, and let her know it was a misunderstanding." Lena says.

"Uhhh.... do you mind if I do it?" Nia asks, "This is sort of my fault, I feel I should be the one to talk to her, if that's okay with both of you?"

Lena and Kara then look towards each other, before turning back to look at Nia and nodding their heads.

"Okay. I'll be back in a little bit." Nia says, and then leaves the living room area, following the direction that Morgan and then Alura ran in.

As Nia walks closer to where Morgan and Alura must be, she really begins to feel guilty. Nia knows that she didn't mean to make Morgan upset on purpose, but it still hurts her heart to think that she's the cause for Morgan crying in the first place. Nia has really grown very close with both Morgan and Alura, so she would give the world for the two of them to never cry again from being upset.

Eventually, after a couple of minutes, Nia soon tracks Alura and Morgan down to a room that must be a medical bay. Nia has been able to find the two young girls because she has heard Morgan's soft crying from down the hall, while also hearing the sounds of Alura consoling her.