𝕭𝖊𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖞𝖆𝖑

The first members of this family were a man named Mikael and his wife Esther

The first members of this family were a man named Mikael and his wife Esther. Esther longed for a family, however, after more than a year of marriage, she found herself sterile. He went to his sister, Dahlia, and begged her to use her magic to give Esther the chance to have children. Dahlia accepted this request but made it clear that magic came at a price, and it was a price Esther was forced to pay years later: the payment to his sister would be his firstborn and her firstborn. Children of children, and their children's children, for as long as Esther's line lives. He then ordered Esther to pretend that her firstborn, Freya, had died of a plague, so Mikael would never know what had happened to his daughter when he returned from battle. Later, Esther and Mikael heard of a witch named Ayana, Esther's best friend and mentor, who said there was a land where everyone was healthy and strong, a land that ended up being the New World, specifically what is now Mystic Falls. Mikael and Esther with Freya's surviving brother Finn and their newborn son Elijah traveled to this paradise with Ayana, where they settled in a town full of healthy people they had learned, who revealed themselves as werewolves and lived peacefully for years. In the following years, Esther gave birth to four more children: Niklaus, Kol, Rebekah, and Henrik. Mikael often faced his middle son, Niklaus, with whom he had an antagonistic and abusive relationship that only worsened when Klaus and Henrik slipped away to see the werewolves transform one night, where Henrik was accidentally mutilated and killed. Sorry, Mikael decided to find a way to protect his family from werewolves. Even though his family friend Ayana refused to help him for fear of upsetting the balance of nature, Mikael soon found another witch who would help him: his wife Esther. Somehow, they were able to learn from the immortality spell created by Qetsiyah a thousand years earlier and adapted the spell to give their children superhuman strength, speed, agility, and healing that would be even stronger than werewolves. Esther used mystical symbols to feed her spell; he called the Sun for life, and the white oak, known to be one of the eternal objects of the earth, for immortality, so that she and Mikael never had to suffer the pain of losing a child again. To complete the ritual, Mikael had her children drink wine mixed with the blood of Tatia, a Doppelgänger Petrova, and a distant descendant of the world's first immortal woman, Amara, before he pushed his sword through her breasts. They woke up in the transition, and by order of their father, drank human blood from a village girl to complete their transformation into the original vampires. Unfortunately for them, there were consequences for this transformation, and Nature tried to restore the balance they upset by giving them a weakness for every new strength they had gained. The sun that gave them life burned them, their thirst for human blood was insatiable, and their neighbors could close their houses by not inviting them to enter. Verbena flowers, which grew at the base of the white oak, burned them and protected humans against compulsion. Finally, the White Oak Tree, which gave them immortality, was also the only substance on earth that could destroy them forever. Ultimately, they burned the tree to ensure their survival, although the ashes were saved and used against them. When Klaus was first killed after being turned into a vampire, he unleashed his werewolf gene, which finally revealed the truth of his true fatherhood to his family: Klaus was not Mikael's son but the son of the chief of the werewolf clan of his people, with whom Esther had an affair. Once Mikael learned of Esther's infidelity and realized that her lover's pack was the werewolves who killed Henrik, Mikael chased and killed Klaus's father and his entire family, igniting a war between vampires and werewolves that still exists. Shortly after the Mikaelsons became vampires and learned of Klaus' werewolf legacy, Esther was forced to curse Klaus to make his werewolf nature fall asleep, so that he would no longer disturb nature by possessing so much power. However, Klaus felt betrayed by this punishment, and in retaliation, Klaus murdered his mother and framed Mikael for the act.