🔹twenty two🔹

Start from the beginning

Peace was something Noor had stopped hoping for. It was a thing of past. She just hoped to not get breathless every hour, and if that came true she felt blessed. The small walls guarding her heart had now become too tall for anyone to break and get in. She was living. Happy and contended? She didn't knew. Maybe no. These are not the words in her dictionary.

She lost the track of time of being there. The feeling of being in home got her feeling overwhelmed. Sleep engulfed her and she laid down on the floor itself. She was sure this was going to be a good sleep.

                              ****

Noor woke up from her sleep with continuous banging on the door. Noor got up from the floor and went to open the door. Saad barged into the room.

"Tu yahan kya kar rahi hain? Main kab se tujhe dhoondh raha tha.."

"So rahi thi.." Noor said rubbing her eyes. Saad smiled to himself looking at her.

"Tujhe bohat maja aata hain na mera blood pressure badhane mein.."

Noor looked at him smiling sheepishly.

"Tu kyun itni fikar karta hain? Main thik hun.."

"Pata hain tu thik hain.. Sherni hain tu meri. Par tu jitni bhi thik kyun na ho, teri fikar karne ka mujhe haq hain.."

Saying so he pulled her into his embrace. Noor snuggled more in his warmth.

                              ****

Everyone was busy decorating the hall. Saad was putting the lights and Noor was instructing him. Noor turned around as her foot stuck in the carpet. A bucket of white flowers fell on her. She looked up to find Shaharyar on the ladder arranging the lights. He looked too handsome in that black kurta. Noor looked at him for a while. The sleeves that were rolled up showed his perfect veins.

"Waah! Phoolon ki barsaat.." Saad commented.

"Tu apna kaam kar.." Noor retorted.

Shaharyar was looking at Noor who looked pretty in a dark green colored salwar kameez.

"Bhai, ab utha bhi le. Apni Noor hi hain, kitna dekhenge.."

Shaharyar instantly looked the other side and started to get down in a frenzy. He was about to fall down as the ladder toppled. Noor took a hold of the ladder with one hand and held his one hand with the other.

"Kya kar rahe hain aap? Abhi gir jaate na, lag jaati aapko. Thoda dheere se nahin kar sakte.."

Shaharyar looked at her. She looked angry.

"Bhai, aap thik hain?"

He nodded and came down slowly. Noor left from there.

##

Everyone gathered around for the lunch. Noor went to take the vegetable curry when a hand stopped her.

"It has cashews. You can't eat it.."

Shaharyar said looking at her. She looked at him and nodded. All the young ones sat together in a table to eat. Laughing, talking, teasing the lunch was done.

"Waise baaji, kuch jyada glow kar rahi hain aaj aap. Are you sure yeh makeup ka nikhar hain?"

Nikhat blushed more. She looked very happy. And the happiness made her look more beautiful.

"Saad, main toh yeh soch raha hoon ki abhi se yeh haal hain toh shaam ko kya hoga?"

Shaharyar too joined.

"Tum dono khana khao chup chap?"

"Waise appi, sambhalke kahin aapka nikhar dekh Ashar bhai behosh na ho jaye.."