🔹ten🔹

Author's POV:

"Tum se baat puchu?"

She nodded.

"Why Delhi?"

"Matlab?"

"Tum delhi mein padhne kyun gayi?"

"Because woh meri studies ke liye best place thi.."

"Noor, tum pata hain main kya puch raha hoon? With a rank and marks like yours, you could have settled here. Tum yahan ke best college mein bhi ja sakti thi.. Then why Delhi?"

"Kyunki mujhe jana tha, I wanted to go. That's the only reason."

"Par kyun. Jis ladki ne mujhse ye kahan tha ki use ghar chod kar jana gawara nahin hain. Woh apne maa aur behen ke saath rehna chahti hain, wohin 9 mahine baad padhai ke liye door chali gayi.."

"Har sawaal ka jawab nahin hota.. Iska bhi nahin hain. Mera man kiya toh main chali gayi, yahin hain baat. Aur waise bhi 6 mahine is a long time. Samay ke saath saath to log badal jate hain, meri thinking badalna toh bohat choti baat hain, nahin?"

She looked at him. He kept looking at her not understanding what to say next.

"Chale.. Ice cream bhi khatam ho gayi aur neend bhi aa rahi hain.."

He nodded and both got up. They walked towards the farmhouse.

"Good night.."

"Good night.."

Noor turned around to leave when Shahryar called out to her.

"Acche se sona.."

"Ji??"

"Woh kya hain na, makeup hamesha dark circles nahin chupa sakti.."

She nodded lightly and turned around.

****

Sunlight streamed through the curtains. Birds were chirping outside. Her sleep was cut short when there was a knock on the door.

Removing the covers from her body, she stood up and went to the door to open and found Nikhat.

"Good morning dear behna.. Neend puri ho gayi?"

"Good morning.."

Noor went and again jumped on the bed.

"Neend puri nahin huyi.." She answered.

"Ab uska toh kuch nahin ho sakta, chal ready ho ja.. Dopahar ko shopping bhi karne jana hain.."

"Nahin yaar.. Phirse shopping.."

If anything that Noor hated the most, then it was shopping. Going to the stores and buying stuffs irked her. That's why she always preferred online shopping.

"Noor.. Chalo utho..."

"Mujhe nahin jaana please, dulhan toh tum ho na, tum dekh ke aayo."

" Main toh jaa hi rahi hoon of course. Par tujhe pata haina teri choice acchi hain, issliye chal."

"Par.."

"No more discussions."

Saying so Nikhat went out of the room.

"Uff.."

Noor huffed irritated.

She came down after freshening up and was going towards the kitchen when.. She wore a yellow colored chikankari kurta with pajama and the shawl.

"Bandariya.."

She turned around to find Saad.

"Neend puri ho gayi teri.. Itni Jaldi.."