Chapter 1 : Meet Mr. Allen

Start from the beginning

"So, are we going to stay here, looking at each other or ?" Eleana asked with a grin after few minutes of silence.

"Oh uh no sure, come on I'm going to show you around." Barry spoke, blushing slighlty.

Eleana smiled and followed Barry outside the office. He gave her a visit before leading her to the lab, not without noticing the looks that some officers were giving to his new partner.

"And so it's my lab, I mean our lab now." Barry said, smiling.

Eleana looked around the room, before looking at Barry with friendliness.

"That's very ..."

"Messy ?" Barry cut her off.

She laughed before looking back at Barry.

"Well yes it's kinda messy but what I was going to say is that it's big. I mean, my old lab was probably only the half of this one." She replied.

"Oh, yes of course." Barry laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

Eleana smirked to him before walking towards the desk, looking through the pile of files. Barry was going to speak when Iris bursted into the room.

"Hey Barry !" She yelled before noticing the young girl next to the desk. "Oh hi Eleana !" Iris smiled walking to the girl to hug her.

Eleana hugged her back and Barry looked at the them, surprised.

"You two know each other ?" He seemed confused.

"Yeah we met at Jitters few days ago. You know I talked to you about her !" Iris replied, hitting Barry on the shoulder.

"Yes right ! You just moved from Starling, right ?" Barry asked, looking at Eleana.

She nodded and Barry smiled.

"And I'm also the one who got her that job actually." Iris added, putting her hands on her hips with pride.

"That's true, Iris is my savior. I don't know what I'd be doing without her." Eleana grinned.

Barry chuckled and looked at his partner with a smile. She imitated his expression and sighed.

"I have some stuff in my car that I should get." She said, pointing to the door with her thumb.

"Yeah sure, I'll wait here. Unless you want me to help ? Because I would totally help you. I mean we're partners now so it's kinda my job. To help you. But if you don't want help, I'll just sit here, on this chair, waiting. Or .." Barry started rambling.

"Barry chill, I think she got it." Iris cut him off, giggling.

Eleana started chuckling and Barry blushed, looking at his feet.

"That's very nice Barry, really but I think I can handle it." Eleana spoke, putting a strand of hair behind her ear.

Barry nodded and she left the lab, leaving him alone with Iris. He sighed and mentally face palmed himself.

"She's awesome, isn't she ? I knew it was a good idea to ask my dad if he could get her an interview with the Captain." Iris smiled, proudly.

Yes, indeed she is awesome. Barry thought.

"Yeah that was a very good idea." He smiled to Iris. "Well don't you have a work ?" He added, smirking.

She sighed and looked at her best friend.

"I do yes, and I should get back to it now before I get fired. See you later Bar !" She shouted, leaving the lab.

"See you later" He replied back.

Barry sat on the chair and grinned to himself. Iris definitely had a good idea, and Barry will never thank her enough for that.