Chapter 1 : Meet Mr. Allen

Hi ! So this is the first story I publish, so any comments / suggestions are welcome :D

Barry Allen was late. Again. And the absence of a car wasn't helping at all. So, like every morning, he was running late to work.

He entered the building of the CCPD, out of breath. He was mentally preparing himself to face the Captain, trying to find a good excuse but something caught his attention. There was a huge pile of people in front of Captain's office, some trying to look inside. Barry tried to sneak a peek, but Captain Singh got out of the room, smiling. Barry frowned, he couldn't remember the last time he had seen him with this expression on his face.

But it didn't last too long, and it was erased quickly when the Captain noticed all the officers in front of him.

"Everyone get back to work now ! There's nothing to see." Singh yelled.

He looked straight at the people, who were rushing off to obey his order before noticing Barry. He crossed his arms on his chest and sighed.

"You're late Mr Allen."

"Uh yeah I-I know but ... " Barry started but the Captain cut him off.

"Don't care. Come in, right now." The Captain said, entering his office.

Barry sighed and walked towards the room, few officers muttering "You're screwed Allen" on his way. He closed the door behind him to keep the curious people outside and saw Joe. Barry gave him a questioning look but Joe didn't have the time to say anything because the Captain talked.

"Allen, I would like to introduce you to Miss Eleana Callygan. She works with you from now, as a forensic scientist. I would recommend you to behave."

Barry looked around to notice a young girl he didn't see before. She raised from her seat and offered her hand to Barry.

"Hi. Nice to meet you." She said, shaking Barry's hand.

"H-hi. N-nice to meet y-you too." Barry muttered.

He took a moment to look at the girl in front of him. He couldn't stop himself but to think that she was beautiful. She had black hair, tied up in a pony tail and percent blue eyes. And her smile was lighting the room with joy. As a scientist, Barry never believed in love at first look. But right now, he couldn't think like this.

Singh turned to Eleana and smiled.

"I'll let you with Barry now, he's going to show you around. And so you two can get to know each other. I need to get back to work now, if you would excuse me."

He left the room with a smile accross his features and Joe followed behind, poking Barry's shoulder on his way, bringing him back to reality.