𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫- 14

Start from the beginning

"Run? Oh no..." The man with injured leg panicked and try to stood up only to fall down, catching your and your friend's attention. His friend helped him get up and try to reassure him.

One of them passed you three, going towards driver seat and try starting the bus, mumbling something about old vehicles, making you remember something about Chotā's word.

"Shit, it's out of gas." He cussed, slamming his fist.

"Leave me here." The man with sprained ankle said. As his friends and your friends looked back at him.

"Takuma" His friend gently pushed pass you and looked at his friend in worry.

"I'm not asking. I don't want my friends to sacrifice. I'll stay here and find a way to survive."

"We're not leaving you behind-"

"Yamane!! you gotta go and survive you want to see your wife right and what about the baby she's carrying!! They can't live without you.!!" His emotional level raised and he shouted at his friends and you also saw the point on that. It obvious you and he, you both are in the same boat.

It was brief silence for a moment, that emotional conversation came to end when other man, Seizan convince the man in white jacket, whose name you came to know, Yamane. They looked at their friend last time before leaving the bus.

"We should go too." Usagi said and Arisu kneel infront of you, back facing you to carry you piggyback but you didn't seems to make a move making them look back at you.

"I was about to say the same thing. I guess it's better for me to stay here. You guys go ahead."

"Y/n. you don't need to listen to him-" — Arisu.

"We both are at the same spot. I'll just slow you down. You should to think from your mind."

"No you're not. I can carry you like I did-"

"For how long? You and I both know it not gonna work that way. So just please go and don't waste your time-" a yelp emerge from your throat, cutting you off and you gasped when Usagi forcefully picked you up on her back making you wrapped your arm around her shoulder.

"You're not heavy. I can carry you and run with ease. And I'm lot stronger than him, I won't get tired very soon." Usagi said, making Arisu nerrow his eyes at her. He clenched his teeth and burn holes in Usagi's head, knowing that the girl is right.

"Usagi-" Before you could complaint further, she started running off. making your eyes blurry with fresh tears and your chest swelling up with different kind of emotions.

"Thank you guys."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

She was running and running its nearly 1000 meter distance and you could hear her fast breathing and can feel her rapid heartbeat, still she didn't placed you down or stopped for a second.

"Usagi please stop. You're tired." You desperately said to the girl who didn't seems to stop anytime soon even her body screaming for rest and put down the burden. And behind you was Arisu who was keeping check on you both if you need help in anyway.

"It's-It's just a warm up for me." It's hard to believe, her voice said it all that how tired she was but her stubborn ass ignoring all the plead.

There are games the tiredness comes in both forms, physical and mental. Your body needs to rest yet your mind needs it to move. It's same happening to Usagi right now. Running and running with a person on your back has huge difference. You can't assume how much her body might be burning from exhaustion but you do have clue.