Prologue - A Rainy Greeting

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

A beam of sunlight hit me in the face as I woke up this morning. I walked over to the window and opened the curtain. It was beautiful day, with only a few clouds in the sky.

"As I thought..." I said to myself. "Today is going to be a wonderful day."

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). I'm a second year high school student who struggles to decide what he should do for his career. I was told in school that I was the most normal student there is, and to be honest... it was somewhat... annoying.

My parents are the ones I looked up to the most. My dad is a university teacher and would be gone for the majority of the day. As for my mom, she was a teacher as well, but for the music club, at my high school, which was normally an after school thing.

Seeing them pursue dreams has inspired me to do the same. However, I can never do what they do...
______________________________________

Location - (L/N) Residence, Dining Room

I made my way downstairs and found my mother waiting for me. She already made breakfast for me.

"Good morning, son." She said as I sat down in front of my breakfast.

"Morning mom." I greeted back at her. "Did dad went to work early again?"

"Afraid so, but there's nothing you can do about it when you have a career like his." She said.

"Yeah, I guess that's true." I said and began to eat my breakfast.

"How was breakfast?" She asked.

"It was good, as usual." I said and handed her my plate.

"That's good. Make sure you get to school on time, okay?"

"I promise I will." I said and went back upstairs to get ready.
______________________________________

After school hours...

Location - Shopping District

One of the things I enjoy doing after school is going taking a walk through downtown and clear my head from all this "You're so normal" talk. It was still a nice day, so I couldn't let it get to me forever.

However, moments later, the blue sky was no longer around. It was covered with gray clouds, and I began to hear the sound of thunder.

"Oh no... is it going to rain?"

Turns out I was right. One rain drop began to fall, then another one. Thankfully, it was light rain, but my house was nowhere near here, so my best option was take shelter somewhere for the next hour or two.

"Ah, that place should do the trick." I said and headed over there.
______________________________________

Location - Hazawa Coffee

The placed I entered was called Hazawa Coffee. As I entered, I looked outside through the door, and started to rain even more.

"Welcome to Hazawa Coffee." A voice said.

I turned around to see a girl with short brown hair and matching eyes. Based on what she was wearing, I can assume that she works here.

"Umm, hi there." I said.

The girl got a good look at me, then looked at the rain outside.

"Lucky for you to escape the rain like that." She said.

"Yeah, I did."

"Will it be okay if I stayed here until the rain dies down?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course." She said with a sweet smile.

"Thanks."

I sat down near the window, and the girl walked over to me with a menu.

"Would you like to order something while you're here?" She asked.

"You know... maybe I will."

She handed me the menu.

"Let me know when you're ready to order." She said and walked away.

I looked at the menu, and a lot of the stuff here looks good. It was hard for me to make a decision, but I think I was ready.

"Excuse me! I'm ready to order!" I called out as she came back.

"Alright, what will it be?" She asked.

"I would like to have the Halloween set." I said as she wrote it down.

"Excellent choice. I'll be back with your order."

As she walked away, I just stared outside at the rain, wondering if it'll ever end at all.
______________________________________

A few minutes later...

"Here's your order." She said as she gave it to me.

"Thanks. This looks really good." I said and took a bite.

"Well? How is it?"

"Yeah, I was right. It is good."

The girl gave me a big smile.

"I'm glad that you think so."

"Perhaps I need to come back some other day." I told her.

"Please do. My mother would be so happy that you did." She said, making me confused.

"Your mother?"

"Oh, right, I should introduce myself."

She cleared her throat.

"My name is Hazawa Tsugumi, and my family owns Hazawa Coffee." I guess that does make sense.

"Nice to meet you, Tsugumi. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)."

"You too, (Y/N)-kun."

After a while, I finished my Halloween set, and the rain began to clear up.

"Well, I better get home before my parents start to worry about me."

"Oh, will I see you again?" She asked.

"We'll see." I said as I walked out of Hazawa Coffee. Hazawa Tsugumi... Maybe I should see her again whenever I can.

To be continued

A/N: Hello, everyone. Welcome to The Ordinary Keyboardist.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see you in the next one. :)