Day 3: 😱👻 Scaary Moovies 👻😱

Ships: Jailey 💛💙

Before we start, I want to note that "Scary Movies" is not spelled wrong, I did that on purpose, so before any of you start attacking me in the comments, please pay attention to this note. Thank you! Happy reading!

"Hailey!", called Jake from the living room. He was sitting on the couch, TV remote in hand, as it was Halloween Movie Night. "Is the popcorn ready yet?!", asked Jake. "Almost!", replied Hailey. After five minutes or so, Hailey walked in with two bowls of popcorn. She set them down on the coffee table, and plopped down on the couch.

"Two bowls? Come on, do you really hate me that much?", teased Jake. Hailey rolled her eyes. "The bag of popcorn made more than I expected, plus, I didn't want to have to go back and get more", said Hailey. "If you say so", said Jake. "So, what movie are we watching?", asked Hailey, trying to change the subject.

"I was thinking Annabelle", replied Jake. "You mean, the movie about a doll, pffft how scary can that be?", asked Hailey. "I'm pretty sure it's a lot scarier than it sounds", said Jake. "We'll bet on it, if I get scared, I have to pay you $5, if you don't, which I won't, you have to pay me", said Hailey.

"Who are you, Milly?", asked Jake. "Do we have a deal or not?", asked Hailey. Jake smirked. "Deal". Jake turned the TV on and put the movie on. "You ready?", asked Jake. Hailey nodded her head, and Jake unpaused the movie.

The start of the movie was okay, both Jake and Hailey were watching it like a regular movie. Jake looked over at Hailey, she was shivering a bit, but that didn't mean that she was scared. Jake, determined to win the bet, dropped a book on the coffee table down on the floor while Hailey wasn't looking.

Hailey jumped. "What was that?", she asked. Jake laughed. "I accidentally dropped this book", said Jake, picking the book up and showing it to her. "Sorry". Hailey grabbed a pillow and smacked him with it. "Idiot, you scared me to death!", pouted Hailey. Jake raised an eyebrow.

"What was that? You were, scared?", asked Jake. "I got scared by you, not the movie, so it doesn't count", said Hailey. "If you say so", said Jake, still determined to win the bet. Jake and Hailey were twenty minutes into the movie when Jake heard whimpering sounds from Hailey. "Hey, Hailey, are you okay?", asked Jake. "Yeah, I'm fine, this movie isn't even scary", replied Hailey.

Thirty minutes into the movie and Hailey still hadn't screamed. Even Jake had to admit, there were some scary parts. He knew that Hailey thought that too, but she didn't want to show it. An hour in and even the calmest of people would be scared now. Jake was hugging Hailey for support, while watching the movie at the same time, and she too was hugging him back.

Hailey was on the verge of screaming, she couldn't keep it in anymore, if somebody talked, she would scream. Hailey was trying to hide her face by eating popcorn, but eventually, it ran out. She grabbed the second bowl and placed it between herself and Jake.

Two hours into the movie and both of them were scared to death, they might not have shown it, but they really were. The TV screen was showing a woman in the bathroom, she was washing her hands when she saw the reflection of a monster in the mirror, she turned around. The monster tried to hide but it was too late, it had been seen.

To make sure that the woman wouldn't tell anyone, it slashed at her, clawing half of her face out. Hailey take it anymore. She screamed. Jake, happy that he had won the bet, but was also worried about Hailey. "Are you okay?", asked a concerned Jake. "No", replied Hailey. "That poor woman will be mentally and physically scarred for life, how can I be okay?". Jake managed a smile. "You're too kind, remember, this is a MOVIE", said Jake.

"A very scary movie", said Hailey. "Oh so you admit it?", teased Jake. "It's not even funny anymore, this movie really is scary", said Hailey. "I know, I'm sorry", said Jake, taking her into his arms.

"You're ice cold", said Jake. "Yeah, somebody forgot to turn up the thermostat", replied Hailey. "But I'm comfy now, if I stay in this position, I'll warm up, and I'll be less scared". Jake smiled. "If you want, I can put a different movie on", suggested Jake. "Actually yeah, please do that", said Hailey. "But before I do that, you are forgetting that you owe me something", said Jake, putting his hand out. Hailey smirked. "Oh yeah, right. The thing is that I don't have money on me right now, how about I give you this instead", said Hailey. "What do you-".

Hailey leaned towards him, and pressed her lips against his. She pulled away a few seconds after. "That enough?", asked Hailey. "Nah, I still want my five dollars", joked Jake. Hailey pretended to be hurt. "Ugh, you're so mean!". "I'm just kidding!". "I know.

"You know, I've heard of this movie, it's about the British Psycho Monster", said Jake. Hailey raised an eyebrow. "You know, the British Psycho Monster in Zander's story". "Sure, put it on", replied Hailey. "I bet you'll get scared again", teased Jake. "Not if you're with me", said Hailey. "You're too sweet", said Jake, planting a kiss on her cheek. Hailey giggled.

"I love you". "I love you too Princess~".

And today's chapter is finished. This one shot was longer than any chapter I've ever written in A Third Chance so far, which is a book I'm currently working on. If you haven't already, you should check it out! Anyway, I made this chapter longer than usual because I wanted to make up for yesterday's chapter, which was VERY VERY VERY lazy. That aside, I hope you enjoyed today's chapter and I will see you tomorrow with some Saisy!

Luv ya! 💛💙✨