Prologue

Kuchiki Zero, Lady of the Kuchiki Household, Second Wife of the Sixth Division Taichou; Kuchiki Byakuya, Older Adoptive Sister of Kuchiki Rukia, Adoptive Mother of Kurosaki Shiba Kuchiki Ichigo, Karin, and Yuzu, and was the only Pureblood Vampire within all of Soul Society and Seireitei, had fallen deathly ill and was lying on her Death Bed.

How it was possible that a Pureblood such as herself had fallen ill was unknown, unclear, unusual, and impossible. Pureblooded Vampires don't get sick, unless they're with child, and even then, it's rare.

"How funny..."Zero whispered in a raspy voice as she glanced at where the empty pillow was laid out."He won't see me when I'm asleep, he won't see me when I'm awake, and he probably won't see me when I pass on either."A tired smile formed on her face."Although, I'm not surprised."

"Don't say that!"Ichigo exclaimed from her spot on the other side of Zero."You're not gonna die! Unohana-sensei will find out what's wrong with you. You'll get better, I know you will!"Rukia, who was sitting next to Ichigo, and Renji, who was sitting next to her while Karin and Yuzu were sitting opposite Rukia and Renji, all nodded in agreement.

"Oh Ichigo..."The silverette said gently, raising a shaky hand to caresses Ichigo's cheek and watched with soft eyes as Ichigo leaned into her touch."We all know the truth. My time is coming to a close."Zero revealed and the four girls burst into tears while Renji looked at her with glassy eyes."Always remember, I love you, and I will always be with you. With all of you."She reached out and wiped Yuzu's tears away before Ichigo and Karin suddenly stood and ran from the room."Karin! Ichigo...!"

The the two oldest Daughters ignored their Adoptive Oka-san's cries for them to come back and ran towards where Byakuya was hiding away in his Study and slammed the doors opened, not caring that she was acting rude, and glared at him as he looked up at them, startled.

"Karin, Ichigo-You are a fucking jerk!"Karin exclaimed, cutting Byakuya off and causing him to look at her in shock, before Ichigo placed a hand on her shoulder, causing her to pause and look at her, only for the orangette to shake her head and took the lead.

"We get it, ok."Ichigo said, taking a step towards Byakuya, who had stood up."You're already grieving over the fact that you're gonna lose your second love and you don't wanna be there when she passes on, because the first time it happened, it was horrible to watch Hisana-san fade away, but at least you were there, but at least she wasn't alone."

"Zero isn't alone."Byakuya stated, his facial expression returning to it's normal mask of coldness and indifference.

"You're right. She isn't."Karin agreed."But that doesn't mean that she's gonna pass on peacefully, knowing that she's never gonna be able to say her last words to the man she loves!"She snapped and Byakuya's eyes widened as tears formed in his Second Adoptive Daughter's eyes."She wants to talk to you, she just wants to fucking talk! That is all she wants from you! Is that too much to ask for, damnit!?!"

"All you have to do is go in there"Ichigo pointed back in the direction of where Zero's room was."and sit by her and listen to her last words, then you can go back to being the man before you grew to love her and was still mourning the death of Hisana-san and act like Oka-san didn't even exist in your heart!"

"You're wrong, girls."Byakuya whispered, glancing between Ichigo and Karin, who looked back at him blankly."She was always in my heart. Zero always had a piece of my heart, even before we were married and were just In-Laws because of Hisana."He glanced down."I can't go through this again."

"That's not fair."Karin whispered."You're not being fair to Oka-san! She deserves to see you one last time. Don't you get it, Otou-san! She knows that today is her last day!"Byakuya didn't say anything, causing Karin gritted her teeth."Fine, you selfish bastard! Be that way! You never deserved her!"With that said, Karin turned on her heels and ran back to Zero's room.