𝟬𝟬𝟳. don't remind me

Start from the beginning

it's really messing with her, which is just not okay. she's thinking about him again, thinking about a past them, when she had just gotten used to not thinking about that a month or two ago. it's completely unfair. first, he just randomly decided he wanted clementine out of his life out of nowhere on christmas fucking eve and now he's just randomly decided he wants her back in it? it's unfair to her. it's such bullshit.

"clementine? hellooo?" a voice snaps her out of her thoughts, her blinking repeatedly to realize a hand is being waved in front of her face obnoxiously. she's not surprised when she finds the hand to belong to finnley, him standing up and leaning over to reach her from his desk.

"sorry, what?" she snaps out of it, glancing around and realizing everyone's doing something on their chromebooks. "what are we supposed to be doing?"

"oh, i dunno," finnley shrugs, earning a look from her in return. "i was just bored and gian and manny are actually doing their work like fucking nerds."

gian instantly sighs, not even turning to actually acknowledge him and just sighing to let him know she heard and doesn't care. finnley just grins and turns to manny who's curiously turned his head away from his chromebook. "she's always so talkative with me, don't ya think?"

"totally," manny responds sarcastically, pausing for a moment to glance around the room before suddenly coming closer to him and clementine, and lowering his voice. "also, is there something on my fucking back or something, because i swear to god i keep feeling someone looking at—"

"ohhhhh," finnley cuts him off with a small chortle, leaning back in his seat from where they leant in to whisper. "that's just chris. don't worry, he's staring at clem not you."

the corners of clementines lips instantly turn downwards and she glances up past manny to find where she knows chris and nick sit. to no one's surprise, she finds chris staring dead at her. his face is lowered to rest on the palm of his hand as nick is busy actually working next to him. his face doesn't falter as she catches him staring, he just raises his chin off his hand and leans back in his seat instead. clementine's face scrunches up at the fact that he's watching her so unashamedly and has been during the whole time she was talking to finnley and the time she was thinking about... well, him. she refuses to let him win this some sort of battle, and mouths, 'creep.'

his face falters for a moment and that is all the satisfaction clementine needs. she's about to look away when he recovers from what she mouthed and shrugs nonchalantly. 'for you,' he mouths back.

clementine's stomach does a little flip-flop thing and she instantly looks away from him and back to the people in front of her. she loses the internal battle between them, because why the fuck is chris. . . flirting with her?

manny, in front of her, notices her expression and glances back at chris who is now looking down and beginning to work on his chromebook, a slight grin to his lips as if he's satisfied from getting a reaction from her. manny's eyebrows furrow and he turns to finnley and then clementine. "so who's the guy giving you heart eyes? do we know him or is he just a creep?"

"just a—"

"oh no, no, no," finnley cuts her off with a chuckle, turning to manny as she sighs. "chris is her ex boyfriend that she's sworn to hate. also, her boyfriend, my... bud, jax hates him as well. it's a fun little hating circle which makes it a little odd that he's giving heart eyes but hey! man's brave."