Atlanta Braves Story Time/ Goodbye Dansby Swanson

What's up you guys it's Nicole. We haven't done a story time in a while, so let's do one.

As you may know from my last "story time" chapter I mentioned how I got to meet the Atlanta Braves at Chop Fest and the Chop Fest Gala back in January of 2020.

I met many of the players like Mike Soroka, Johan Camargo, Ozzie Albies, Freddie Freeman, Adam Duvall, Mike Foltynewicz, Austin Riley, Sean Newcomb, and last but not least Mr. Dansby Swanson. Dansby was actually the first player that I met; all of my friends who know me know that this was a long time coming because I had been wanting to meet and or get a picture with him for a while. When I got to meet Dansby he was super nice, friendly, and just down to earth. Ps: he also smelt amazing when we had hugged.

Flash-forward to the following day when Chop Fest happened at Truist Park

Flash-forward to the following day when Chop Fest happened at Truist Park. My dad and I had purchased autograph tickets for Austin Riley, Freddie Freeman, Johan Camargo, and Dansby Swanson. We met Freddie and Johan that morning and then Dansby and Austin were that afternoon. When it was my turn to meet Dansby at the autograph session my dad actually captured the whole thing on video and got a few pictures. (Bless him) When I first walked up to Dansby he was smiling super big which made me smile super big as well. On the inside I was like full blown losing it hahah. He told me he had noticed the sticker on the back of my phone case which is the logo from his clothing company called "All Things Loyal". Y'all should definitely check out his clothing company when you have the chance it's great; they are always super cute/comfy, and they support local charities and small businesses in Atlanta.

Now that you've heard the story of me getting to meet Dansby twice in the span of 24 hours at Chop Fest haha let's move on

When Dansby entered the free agency I didn't think anything of it at first because I figured he'd for sure be coming back to Atlanta one way or another. Last week when the news broke that he had signed with the Cubs I couldn't believe my eyes. I am forever grateful that I have been able to go to so many games and watch him play. My top favorite moments that I have been able to witness was his grand slam on July 31st, 2021 and when I was at the ballpark when the Braves won the 2021 World Series. I also somehow happened to be at his final home game at Truist Park as a Brave, which I'll also always cherish always.

                    ❤️💙⚾️❤️💙⚾️❤️💙⚾️To Dansby, You were one of those players that I instantly fell in love with

                    ❤️💙⚾️❤️💙⚾️❤️💙⚾️
To Dansby,
You were one of those players that I instantly fell in love with. For the past 5 years, it's been such an honor to watch you grow in your career and continue to become a better player. You are the definition of a winner and a team leader, and I know that you will continue to possess those qualities in Chicago.

Thank you for always repping and loving ATL. You will always be my favorite shortstop, number 7. See you in Chicago and see you when you come back home 🤍 I will always root for you no matter what city that your in.

Love,
Nicole 💙