Tigerpaw's ear tips raised. "Really? So that means Hawkpaw wasn't the one who caught it? Technically, it was me, right?" He was staring hopefully into his mentor's eyes.

She was a wise and kind senior warrior, and had already taught Tigerpaw a whole lot even though it had only been a quarter-moon since his apprentice ceremony. Even though he caught small things such as birds and mice these last few hunting patrols, Tigerpaw had been aiming to catch his first rabbit. And before Hawkpaw chimed it, Tigerpaw was sure this rabbit was the one.

Sunheart shook her head and stopped walking. "You both worked together in catching it, even if you didn't notice. The credit isn't Hawkpaw's or Tigerpaw's." She stared right at both of them at a time. "It's both of your catch."

Hawkpaw gave Tigerpaw a quick stare. "Fine . . . I'll say we both caught it," he finally agreed. "But I get to take it back to camp since I killed it." He padded on ahead of Sunheart and Tigerpaw, his tail twitching with both annoyance and triumph.

"That arrogant little furball," Tigerpaw said through clenched teeth. It wasn't fair! Couldn't they at least carry it together? It was both of theirs, but Hawkpaw just wanted to bask in the pride of the Clan as soon as they to camp. The only way by doing that is by using a good piece of prey.

Sunheart gave Tigerpaw a nudge. "Don't be sad about it, you'll catch a new rabbit one day for sure. And it'll be a much better and plumper one too." She gave him a good-humored look. "After all, you're quite the young tom, and I'm sure you'll charm your prey before you even catch its scent."

Tigerpaw's whiskers twitched. "Sometimes I don't get you, Sunheart," he said.

The moor grass under Tigerpaw's claws suddenly changed direction along with the wind. A new presence caught on behind him.

"Hello, Sunheart, Tigerpaw," said Hawkpaw's mentor, Gorsefang. He didn't even look at Tigerpaw. "Did Hawkpaw catch the rabbit he's holding?"

Tigerpaw noticed that Gorsefang was carrying two dead birds in his jaws, enough to feed three or four hungry cats.

"We caught it together," Tigerpaw piped up. He would feel a little frustrated if every cat just gave all the credit to Hawkpaw. He was even a little frustrated for not really catching anything today, but he knew he shouldn't be hard on himself. After all, he was never an apprentice for long anyways.

Gorsefang simply nodded. "Good teamwork," commented the tom before padding on ahead to join Hawkpaw. Tigerpaw remained by Sunheart's side. Silently, the two of them padded to the camp, relishing the breeze against the hot greenleaf air.

Soon, the camp which was a shallow scoop of ground open to the sky was visible. Tigerpaw could see the camp's Tallrock from here. He raced from his spot, running as fast as he could until he burst through the camp entrance. Sunheart emerged in the camp right behind him.

"Welcome back, Sunheart," Swiftleaf, a white tom-cat greeted immediately. "And to you, Tigerpaw."

Tigerpaw nodded. "Hi Swiftleaf!" he greeted in return. He padded away, and looked all around the camp, wondering how every cat was doing. A few warriors were sharing tongues right on a warm sunny patch of land, while Cloudpatch, Brittlesky and Rabbitleap all shared a rabbit. Tigerpaw spotted the elders in their den, which was located in an old badger's den in a corner of the camp.

He padded over to them. One of the elders, Milkfur, was fast asleep while Grassfoot was trying to groom his pelt.

"Hi Grassfoot," meowed Tigerpaw politely. "Do you need any help?"

"Hi there, young Tigerpaw," Grassfoot meowed. "I indeed do; I feel three or four fleas crawling around my back, but I can't reach them. Could you possibly get them for me?"