Thirty-seven

Those two weeks went by fast.

The bullying at auror training continued, and sometimes I'd go home to cry because I absolutely hated being there.

Still, I didn't tell anyone.

I should be able to handle myself with things like this. I didn't know if it was the pregnancy hormones making me so sensitive to the comments or the laughter — the pointing of fingers... but my eyes were almost always glassy when I left once the day was over.

Fred was really the only person that helped take my mind off things.

Which takes me to now. We had just finished up at the prenatal appointment and we were waiting for our food as we sat at a cafe in the muggle part of London.

Today we had it confirmed that there was only one fetus and not multiples, which was a huge relief. We also had it confirmed that everything was going great and there was nothing to see other than a healthy fetus.

I picked up my glass of coke, taking a sip of it before I put it back down and leaned back against the seat.

We sat in a corner booth, and Fred's eyes were on me, as if he knew something was wrong.

He scooted closer to me in the booth, grabbing my hand and held it against his thigh while looking at me questionable.

"How did your day go?" He asked softly, stroking my hand with his thumb.

"It was fine." I shrugged, taking another sip of my coke, and this time I kept my hand around the glass.

"Just fine?"

I nodded.

"Nothing interesting happened. I woke up, got to training and then met with you for the appointment. Now we're here."

"Okay..." he said hesitantly, tilting his head while resting an elbow on the back of the seat, now holding my hand with his other hand.

His entire body was turned towards me, and I had his full undivided attention.

"You'd tell me if something was going on, right?" He asked, and I nodded slightly.

"Of course." I assured, faking a smile for him. I took another sip of coke before I leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

"I love you, yeah?" He whispered against my lips, and I smiled, loving the way those words sounded on his tongue.

"I love you too." I kissed him, and our moment was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Oi! Isn't that Melvin over there? Guys! It's Melvin."

I looked towards the group of wizards coming towards our table. They were the same guys from training that loved either calling me Mavis the guy, or Melvin.

"What's up, Melvin?" The guy always in the lead grinned at me. "Who's this?"

He gestured to Fred who I could feel grow tense beside me.

"Aww, look guys. Melvin's got a boyfriend. Melvin's gay."

His friends all cooed at me, and my cheeks flushed in embarrassment while I looked down.

"What's wrong Melvin? Cats got your tongue?"

Fred stood up quickly and I could feel the anger radiating off of him.

"You want to lose your tongue? Then keep speaking to her like that." He said, and I looked up at him, tugging at his wrist to try and get him to quit it.

"Her?" He laughed. I had no idea what his name was, because I didn't bother learning it when they didn't bother treating me right. "You misgendering your boyfriend?"