CHAPTER 5.1: Noble Prisoner

Dolcrane's Manor: Master's study room

"Father..."

I was hesitating to decide what to choose...

No, maybe I already decided but never dared to admit it myself.

The first thing that comes to my mind after seeing my awful reflection with a scratched face...

Is to survive.
For real Canary's sake and perhaps for me as well.

"This might be sudden... But I want to be a knight."

His father already gives her an angry expression at his daughter's determined behavior.

For while, Spinel entered the room where he desperately followed Canary and found the two arguing with each other.

"What kind of nonsense is that?!! You're a Lady! Why would you want to be a knight of all things?"

Canary lightly frowned and looks down at her palm, "I'd like to pick a sword to defend myself rather than a brass lampshade." she whispered under her breath, sadly.

And yet her little voice once again reaches through Spinel's sharp ears and glances at her with wonder.

Canary's Father promptly fixed his manner to Spinel's presence, "Pardon of what you have to see... Lord Spinel. Please forgive my daughter's recklessness."

"No, it's okay."

"Don't worry. The promised will remain unhinged, Lord Spinel." Corvus added.

"But marrying him is not what I want!"
Canary frustratingly shouted at her Father which eventually made him angrier and led their conversation to an ungrasp situation.

"Lady, go to your Room! You're not allowed to get outside not until you fix that attitude of yours!"

Canary bitterly didn't reply and sharply exhaled from disappointment.

''Lord Spinel, I'll escort you outside.'' as Canary's Father show Spinel his way outside, the Lord can't help himself stealing glances at Canary's melancholic back while he slowly steps out from the study room.

The threading sound of the carriage that Spinel boarded was gradually drifting away from Dolcrane's Manor.

The Lord sat quietly and settle his mind at moment.
''Lady Canary... Huh...'' Spinel mumbles while watching from the carriage's window.

Canary's Bed chamber

Canary leans toward her balcony with a long face feeling the breeze outside the Manor.
The settlement of her gaze that so eager to be once felt the soil outside clings to her unsatisfying expression.

Someone knocks on her door and entered her room.

"What a beautiful day to send out our guest don't you think?" Falcon greeted with a twit.

Canary respond as she remained her eyes looking at the window, ''Isn't it too early to visit a prisoner?'' she contemptuously questioned.

''I heard what happened. Why did you even spout nonsense like that, especially in front of Father?''

Canary upsetly faced her brother.
''It's not a nonsense word! ''

''Then why? You can just accept the marriage than find an impossible excuse.'' Falcon pushes his disagreement to Canary's stubborn manner.

''I want to be free!'' she argued, ''I'm already chained up here in this Manor, I don't want to wait for myself to be chained up more to another one.''

Falcon understood and did not utter another word for a moment of profound silence.

He sighed deeply to break the ice, ''Well then... What are you planning to do now?

It's not that easy to jump off the cage.''

"I'll find a way to break out"

Falcon snort with a smile, ''For some reason... After that fall incident, you've changed.''

Canary rests her eyes toward the mirror with an intense look, ''...Changed?

I will...'' she mumbles.

"You must think of another plan before the Family dinner this week.'' Falcon's reminded and before he clearly left the room,

he follow another dispute, "And foremost!

I am yet still opposed to any plan you'll come up with.'' and left the chamber.

To be Continued...