(Season 2) Chapter 6 Sunken Ruin of Melusine

Start from the beginning

Their eyes were begging to let them into the conversation. Yue was interested in hearing more about Hajime's homeland. Though it was hard to resist Yue's cuteness, Hajime could feel Kaori's devil stand rising up again. He leaned over to Kaori and pinched her cheeks.

That seemed to be enough to improve her mood, though that wasn't what he was going for. He couldn't understand why they were all so obsessed with him, especially since he'd made his intentions clear. He didn't say anything, though. He felt it would be a betrayal of their feelings to ask something so crass.

Shea came up to Sora too, her eyes sparkling. She obviously wanted his attention as well. He patted her bunny ears with his spare hand. She grinned and leaned closer.

Tio walked up and sat down, leaning against Hajime's back. She didn't ask for anything, just quietly sat there. He could tell from her posture that she was completely relaxed, though. He'd been expecting her to ask for something perverted, so he was surprised when she didn't give him a reason to chuck her into the sea.

Though it seemed just sitting next to him was arousing enough, as her breathing grew heavy before long. The 7 of them quietly sat there, enjoying the sunset. There was still some time until the moon came out. Sora and Hajime decided to spend the time until then telling everyone stories of their homeland.

Yue and the others listened with rapt attention, while Kaori chimed in with stories of her own.

(Timeskip)

Time passed in the blink of an eye, and the sun set before they knew it. The moon appeared in the sky, shining brightly. Sora pulled Gruen's pendant out of his pocket and held it up. The design engraved on it was that of a woman holding up a lantern, framed in a circle. The lantern had been cut-out, leaving a hole in the center.

While in Erisen Sora had tried pouring Spirit Art into the pendant or holding it up against the moon, but nothing had happened.

He still couldn't figure out what he was supposed to do with this pendant, but he tried holding it up to the moon again just in case. He angled it so the moon was visible through the lantern-hole. He kept it like that for a while, but nothing changed. Sighing, Sora took the pendant down and thought of other ways he could use it. But just then, the pendant began to glow.

Shea: Wow, it's glowing with light! That's pretty.

Kaori: Yes, a bit mysterious.

Aishia: There's a hole there, but it's glowing...

Aishia and Kaori and Shea examined the pendant with great interest. The lantern had seemingly absorbed moonlight, and now glowed with a pale silvery light. It filled the hole, spreading out like a wispy liquid. Yue and Tio leaned in as well, and Sora held the pendant up for them.

Sora: It didn't do that last night...

Tio: Hmm, Master. I suspect it only activates in this location.

Yue: Tio's probably right.

Once the entire lantern was saturated, it shot a stream of light directly downward, to the bottom of the ocean.