I see the sun, and the sun sees me. [📖]

═══════════════════════════════

.

.

.

═════════════════════════════

He hacked and choked on the viney substance stuck in his dry throat. His hands clutched onto the burning, yellow sand beneath him as the sun burned his back and let it bleed into his clothes.

The man's hands were red with flesh and burnt skin, yet he uses it to wipe the grime and sand off of his red and scarred face. With tears in his eyes, he leaned over with his hands on the ground. He looked up at the sky, and though the light burned his eyes, he looked to the sky with love and warmth.

"My god... the lord that rules all..." The man praises, his voice barely a whisper, "Forgive me... my sins... spare my soul."

He cries with a rough and croaked voice. He hung his head and tears fell from his soulless sockets. He prostrated himself towards his god, watching him from the sky with pillars of light leaking from its iris. The opened its mouth, and wind bathed the man in coolness and pleasure.

"MY LOYAL SERVANT,"

A booming voice erupts from the sky. The man gasps and on instinct, sits up straight to look his god in the eye. More dry tears run down his eyes as he raises his hands, taking in the blinding light and the heat that burnt his skin to red.

"My god..." He smiles, almost crying of joy. The god bathes the man once more in light and heat, the man laughs and embraces the boiling warmth.

"THOU MUST NOT COMMAND THY GOD TO FORGIVE THY SINS."

The man's eyes shot open, he gasps and his hands became shaky. He presses them together and prays towards the floating god. He smiles, to try and please the god.

"My god... I am not demanding you... I beg for your mercy, for you are the one true god, the creator of all the things that your thousand eyes sees!"

Crying in a desperate voice, the man leans down once again and shows his god what love he had left in himself, and in this world. He cries, face in his hands as he feels the rays of the light, the hands and fingers of his god brush the man's back. It burned, it hurt, but it meant nothing anymore. It only had meaning if his god says so.

And his god knows that traitors had no meaning to this world.

"MY DESCIPLE," The voice erupts once more, "THE EYES SEE ALL."

Sudden shaking rumbled the ground. The man screamed and shouted, begging for forgiveness with his palms together and his eyes red with tears. Fire and ash broke on his body and the smell of burning flesh left a taste in the man's wounded mouth. Old wounds and new ones of bone and infected flesh opened for all infection to enter. His fingers, tipped with blood, felt the sand one last time.

"My god..."

The god turned away from his desciple, the man was left to deal with his infected and bleeding wounds. He breathes one more time before he drowns in his own infected blood.

"My pearl..."

═════════════════════════════

A prophet is left in the sand by his god to die. What sin had he comitted to anger his god so?

═════════════════════════════

Words: 500

This is more of a writing practice for HISTORIA, meaning you'll be seeing alot of this in future chapters. ( ˶ˆ꒳ˆ˵ )

If you're wondering, yes, this is also a part of the book! Although what's being shown isn't as important, the information from the text is. HISTORIA is much more than just rebellion and conflict between countries. Remember, this is my AU, and this is my world. :3
.
.
.

End of chapter. ^^