⁰⁰. prologue

gilmore girls.

[ season 7, episode 22]
❝ bon voyage. ❞

AS USUAL, THE TOWN OF STARS HOLLOW COULD NOT CATCH A BREAK WITH THE GILMORE FAMILY

AS USUAL, THE TOWN OF STARS HOLLOW COULD NOT CATCH A BREAK WITH THE GILMORE FAMILY. Not that they didn't enjoy it. Just last week, their beloved sweetheart Rory Gilmore had graduated from college, earning a bachelor's degree in journalism. A day many have long since awaited for.

However, many could argue that this particular day had been even longer awaited for. A day that many have predicted. Many have hoped would one day finally take place and provide a state of peace and calamity within the town.

This day, you ask? This day, of course, being the making in holy matrimony of Lucas Danes and Lorelai Gilmore.

Gold-accented chairs and tables with fine cloths, spread generously throughout town square, leaving no soul unattended. After all, today was a very momentous occasion.

Which brings us to our current moment in time. Rory Gilmore, bringing tears to her mothers eyes, as well as her maid of honor speech to a close.

"My mother came to this town as a 16-year-old, single mother, with twenty five dollars to her name. She met her best friend, her co-workers, her family. And then, come a few years down the line, she met my dad."

Lorelai rests her head on her husband's shoulder, while loud sounds of tear-jerking emotion arises from the crowd. The first time in all the years of knowing him, the town of Stars Hollow witnessed Luke Danes cry.

Sob, actually.

"You may not get to choose who come from, or where your blood type falls. I know we'd all be in a hell of a different place right now, if that were true. And yes, I'm talking to you, Kirk."

Some laughs disperse from the crowd, as the twenty-two year old pauses.

"But I am truly happy with the family I was brought into this world with, and the family I'm leaving it with. Maybe I'm just lucky. So really, this speech is a thank you to all of you tonight. You're all apart of this. Thank you for all being here tonight, and the past twenty-so years, to celebrate this beautiful relationship. May they continue to make each other as happy, as they both have individually been making all of us happy for far too long now. To my parents. To Luke and Lorelai."

"To Luke and Lorelai!"  Chants were recited and glasses were raised into the air. The couple shared a kiss.

Rory hurried off the stage, to make room for her mother, who was now dragging Babette and other women of the town, up off of their seats, and onto the dance floor.