𝟗| 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

CHAPTER NINE:

TAKING DOWN SHIELD

THE SUN CAME out of it's hiding spot, shining down on the many tall buildings and the many civilians all around the city of Washington, D

THE SUN CAME out of it's hiding spot, shining down on the many tall buildings and the many civilians all around the city of Washington, D.C. as the tall building of S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters stood tall and proud like the many other tall buildings. The plenty amounts of forests that had been created all around could be seen as four adults walked out of a forest, their weapons and suits all ready for the fight they were about to go against.

Steve gripped his shield tight in his grip as he wore an old Captain America suit, the suit that he had stolen from the museum that was on a mannequin with the Howling Commandos. Trailing behind Sam, Y/n kept her hand near the holster by her side where her gun laid. She, too, wore her old Howling Commandos suit that she had stolen from the museum. After a couple minutes, the group of four were able to sneak into the S.H.I.E.L.D. building, taking out some guards along the way before they were outside a door.

The door suddenly opened up, revealing a guard as Y/n, Sam and Maria aimed their guns forward at him. The guard raised his arms up in surrender, stepping back as he let them inside the room, taking control of the room. As the three stood around to make sure no one would come in, Steve ventured towards the mic after taking a deep breath before pressing the button.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers." Steve announces, his voice, no doubt, echoing throughout the building. "You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

Sam steps forward when he finished, a little smile on his face. "Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?"

After speaking a bit and talking about what to do, Steve, Sam and Y/n were rushing out of the room while Maria sat down at one of the computers to try and stop the helicarriers. The three adults eventually found themselves running outside of the building, plans and ships being seen parked around as the helicarriers began rising upwards into the sky from the distance they could see at.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asks while they jog.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve replies.